EVGA GA PSU

maka0

I've seen some posts here and else where about this line of PSU from EVGA

Most of the people have seemed to pair this PSU with a 3080 or 3090 and are having issues

Would paring a GA 850w with a 3070 be an issue? There is about 100-150w difference between a 3070 - 3080/3090

Any here own a GA PSU? Are they decent for the system you are using it in? I cannot seem to find an actual review anywhere and this line up has been out for some time

Do you currently own the GA?

17 minutes ago, maka0 said:

Most of the people have seemed to pair this PSU with a 3080 or 3090 and are having issues

The problems with the 30 series is the transient power draw. 850 watts is plenty but the PSU has to be able to transition with those power spikes, and more wattage doesn't solve the problem.

A lot of PSUs that have problems with the 3080 and 3090 are likely to have problems with the 3070.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Do you currently own the GA?

I do have one waiting to be used in a build.

Just now, maka0 said:

I do have one waiting to be used in a build.

Well, you could try to use it and see if it works (worst case scenario is the OCP gets triggered and the PC turns off) and then if it doesn't work you return the GPU, however I recommend that you return the power supply if possible and get a quality 650 watt unit instead.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

and then if it doesn't work you return the GPU

Why would I return the GPU?

Just now, maka0 said:

Why would I return the GPU?

You could get an RX 6800 which does not suffer the same transient draw issues. 

But in either case I believe a higher quality PSU is the better route

Primary PC:

54 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

But in either case I believe a higher quality PSU is the better route

Yeah, I will try to swap it 

I'm looking at a Corsair 750rmx (2018)