Not sure what else to do... Please help

Bnom

Hello all,

I really hope someone is able to help, I am demoralized and not sure what to do.

I recently built a brand new PC build. Within a week after building my PC is basically unusable due to the fact that it is unstable and reboots almost every log in to Windows 10 and enters a loop that eventually ends asking if I would like to enter safe mode. If it makes it past the log in screen in safe mode or normal boot, it crashes soon after opening a few tabs.

I have tried all of the below solutions with no success whatsoever:

1.) Update and reset bios to default settings

2.) "Clean" booted windows

3.) Tested Ram with memtest86 with no errors as well as moved the slots and tested each one individually

4.) Uninstalled as many programs as I can

5.) Tried using another PSU

6.) Removed graphics card power (checking if GPU is causing the issue), but could still hear the system rebooting and entering a reboot loop.

7.) Attempted to "Clean" install windows, but the PC crashes and reboots when the program begins to install.

8.) Tried an entirely new motherboard

9.) Tried to run OCCT or other test to test hardware but PC crashes at any sign of testing

10.) Scanned for Malware using Malwarebytes but also crashes when scanning system.

This has been ongoing for a week and I have tested all of the recommendations I have seen online. Yes the temperatures are fine. The CPU and GPU are both very cool in all conditions. The only thing I have left to test would be another CPU but I don't have access to one unless I RMA the one I have and wait weeks to test another.

I am willing to try anything so please let me know. Also you can see my build below.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KjJfkX

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X73 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($159.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($180.00)

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($129.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($139.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB STRIX GAMING Video Card

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case ($159.99 @ Adorama)

Power Supply: Corsair RMx White (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($213.99 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: Lian Li UNI SL120 58.54 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack ($80.00)

Case Fan: Lian Li UNI SL120 58.54 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack ($80.00)

Monitor: LG 27GL83A-B 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($379.99 @ Amazon)

Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO Wired Optical Mouse ($48.58 @ Amazon)

Total: $1572.52

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-01-18 08:39 EST-0500

HWMonitor.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bnom said:

I am willing to try anything so please let me know

Do you have XMP enabled in the BIOS? If so, turn that off.

Is your RAM on the QVL (Qualified Vendor List) for the mobo?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

33 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Do you have XMP enabled in the BIOS? If so, turn that off.

Is your RAM on the QVL (Qualified Vendor List) for the mobo?

I have it on Auto currently. The only options are Auto. manual, and DOCP. 

The RAM does not appear to be on the QVL for the mobo... but the RAM ran with no error on the test could this still be an issue?

Just now, Bnom said:

The RAM does not appear to be on the QVL for the mobo... but the RAM ran with no error on the test could this still be an issue?

Well, the QVL is mainly for RMA/Warranty stuff, as the vendor can always say "we aren't taking it back, you are using the wrong RAM"

Now, I *have* seen problems fixed here on LTT by swapping RAM for stuff on the QVL list, but I"m not entirely ready to rule that out on your part.

As to XMP, if you can't disable it entirely, Auto will be fine. Let me think some more on the issues, and post back in a bit

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Bnom said:

I am willing to try anything

Ok, let's try this:

Let's get a clean USB stick, and install to it a LiveISO of Linux Mint. Linux Mint is very easy to use and very Windows-like.

You will then boot from it (it will not affect your existing drive/Windows install one bit)

What I want to see is if the system mis-behaves under Linux Mint, then you have bad hardware (I'm willing to bet CPU) and if it doesn't, then you're OS is somehow badly borked.

1 hour ago, Bnom said:

BTW, in your screenshot, something on your mainboard is at 96 degrees, that's waaaaaay too hot...

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, let's try this:

Let's get a clean USB stick, and install to it a LiveISO of Linux Mint. Linux Mint is very easy to use and very Windows-like.

You will then boot from it (it will not affect your existing drive/Windows install one bit)

What I want to see is if the system mis-behaves under Linux Mint, then you have bad hardware (I'm willing to bet CPU) and if it doesn't, then you're OS is somehow badly borked.

I was actually planning to try and purchase a cheap 250GB hard drive and install windows on that. Same concept just to rule out the M.2 as well as the OS.

20 hours ago, Bnom said:

I was actually planning to try and purchase a cheap 250GB hard drive and install windows on that. Same concept just to rule out the M.2 as well as the OS.

This did not work. PC crashed during windows install