Oculus Dev Kit 2

TastyRabbit

I'm sitting at my PC with the order ready to go... Do you think its worth ordering or waiting for the consumer version?

I really want to play the Star Citizen Fighter module with an Ocu Rift...

I just ordered one for me and one for my friend (he's paying, he just asked me to order it for him). I wouldn't wait for the consumer version if I were you.

I went for it. I told myself that I could wait for the next iteration after hearing of all the drawbacks of dk1. Now it has arrived and I jumped on it. Also, I figure the consumer one wont arrive till at least q1 or q2 next year (maybe later, who knows...)

I just ordered....

I couldn't help it

now we wait, it is less than 4 months away

Edit: Oh god 4 MONTHs, I will lose my sanity!

I'm waiting for the consumer release.

On a side note, what resolution is the consumer model and is it two small displays, one for each eye?

I'm waiting for the consumer release.

On a side note, what resolution is the consumer model and is it two small displays, one for each eye?

There's no information on the consumer model and it is two small displays, 920x1080p (edit: 960x1080) each for the Dev Kit 2

EDIT: Aside from a faster refresh rate on the consumer model we aren't sure what else will be in it at this point (high res too most likely). They're waiting for hardware to become available - i.e. 90hz+ OLED displays

I'd personally wait and get the consumer version when it releases. I'd technically be getting it for Star Citizen and Star Citizen still has a long time before being released.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I hope they're games to play

There are*

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

Pre-ordered one this morning once Paypal started to work again.

Can't wait  :lol:

There's no information on the consumer model and it is two small displays, 920x1080p each for the Dev Kit 2

EDIT: Aside from a faster refresh rate on the consumer model we aren't sure what else will be in it at this point (high res too most likely). They're waiting for hardware to become available - i.e. 90hz+ OLED displays

Cool, so it'd be about 1080p (both eyes) and 90hz oled for the consumer, sounds worth the wait.

Do you know if the performance is much different than the actual resolution on a regular monitor/tv?

Crap…....

I'm getting

"We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now"

Cool, so it'd be about 1080p (both eyes) and 90hz oled for the consumer, sounds worth the wait.

Do you know if the performance is much different than the actual resolution on a regular monitor/tv?

Can't say, I haven't tried the latest version. They want to get it to the point where you won't see any pixels and have no blur effect when moving your head - those are some of the biggest issues which better panels/displays will fix. One things for sure though, you'll definitely need a beefy graphics card to generate the dual images that the Oculus requires. I've pre-ordered one and look forward to seeing how far it has come along since I last tried it.

Its confirmed to be a higher than 1080p for the consumer model actually.

90Hz yeah, also lower latency and lower weight.

If your not a dev I'd still wait, the consumer is the next step up again.

If you have enough cash and want to get in early, then its probably worth it, but for those like me on more restricted budgets, I'm saving till CV1.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Its confirmed to be a higher than 1080p for the consumer model actually.

90Hz yeah, also lower latency and lower weight.

If your not a dev I'd still wait, the consumer is the next step up again.

If you have enough cash and want to get in early, then its probably worth it, but for those like me on more restricted budgets, I'm saving till CV1.

Have they said the consumer models price or it relative to the dev kits?

Have they said the consumer models price or it relative to the dev kits?

No confirmed price, but they know they need to hit the correct pricepoint. DK1 to DK2 is $50 extra, I can't see the consumer model being too much extra, or if it is the price will be warranted.

They now have Sony in the scene, and with a company that size Sony could afford to subsidize the price, so Oculus is going to be competitive.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

No confirmed price, but they know they need to hit the correct pricepoint. DK1 to DK2 is $50 extra, I can't see the consumer model being too much extra, or if it is the price will be warranted.

They now have Sony in the scene, and with a company that size Sony could afford to subsidize the price, so Oculus is going to be competitive.

Ya sony's is apparently more focused on movie watching but there's no reason it wouldn't be good for gaming too. I'm not tied down to oculus or anything, which ever one is better and more versatile for the price I'll be getting :)

For those who didn't see it, CV1 will NOT be 1080p, but higher. Palmer himself said so:

"[...] the consumer version is going to have higher resolution, lower weight, lower latency, higher framerate, it's just better in so many ways[...]"

http://youtu.be/gMMvF05ZT70?t=3m33s

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

For those who didn't see it, CV1 will NOT be 1080p, but higher. Palmer himself said so:

"[...] the consumer version is going to have higher resolution, lower weight, lower latency, higher framerate, it's just better in so many ways[...]"

http://youtu.be/gMMvF05ZT70?t=3m33s

And right after that he says the components needed for what they want don't exist yet. It could be years before they're capable of making what he described.

And right after that he says the components needed for what they want don't exist yet. It could be years before they're capable of making what he described.

But he also says that they know when the required components will be released.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE