Fiber Questions

Qtip1318

So i just got a 1gb fiber connection to my house and im having some problems when i play games i get 3-10% packet loss i have had everything in my house replaced all ready and I just want to know if it is possible to lose packets at fiber connections. I ask this because i have been to other house in my city and they connect to the same main server as i do and they have no problems with packet loss I am trying to get figure this out because the other option has really bad upload and i dont want to switch back. (I have done everything on my end)

4 minutes ago, Qtip1318 said:

So i just got a 1gb fiber connection to my house and im having some problems when i play games i get 3-10% packet loss i have had everything in my house replaced all ready and I just want to know if it is possible to lose packets at fiber connections.

Are you playing over WiFi or are you connected via Ethernet?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Are you playing over WiFi or are you connected via Ethernet?

using ethernet 

Just now, Qtip1318 said:

no i am not 

Then how are you connected to the modem? Magic?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Then how are you connected to the modem? Magic?

sorry lol ethernet

1 minute ago, Qtip1318 said:

sorry lol ethernet

Do you have another PC you could test, if the other PC is also seeing the packet-loss? Have you tested another Ethernet-cable?

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Do you have another PC you could test, if the other PC is also seeing the packet-loss? Have you tested another Ethernet-cable?

I tested on my pc my server my ps4 and xbox one s all with ethernet cable i have tested 3 different cable... i know your trying to help but i have done everything. forms are my last resort I am trying to see if I can force my ISP to check and maybe fix fiber lines because at this point that the only thing i can see that will fix it 

1 minute ago, Qtip1318 said:

i know your trying to help but i have done everything.

A tip for the future: if you don't want people asking these kinds of questions, you should say from the get-go what you have tried and specify all the relevant details. Anyways, I'll butt out, then.

12 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

A tip for the future: if you don't want people asking these kinds of questions, you should say from the get-go what you have tried and specify all the relevant details. Anyways, I'll butt out, then.

sorry i was not trying to be mean i did have a question in what i posted so i thought it was clear i will do a better job of explain my self next time i do appreciate the help. i forget that people who post questions often dont know anything they about computer. i am not one of those people I 🙂