High Response time on HDD

Lightphoenix2

Hi, I am experiencing high Response time when I'm downloading a lot of files on to my HDD.  The Response time goes up to 10000ms. It will even cause my chrome to not load webpages probably because the CPU is waiting for my HDD. My Appdata is on a M.2 SSD. I would like to know, if this is normal for a HDD as the Health Status shown on CrystalDiskInfo is "Good" or is my HDD failing. I have Reformatted this HDD 3 weeks ago to try and solve this problem. I would like to add that I have Malwarebytes Premium, does it scan the files which then lead to this problem?

image.png.35332487700970927530671549e4a0dc.pngimage.png.dba27eaacb96578788072a4f44034ac0.png

Edited by Lightphoenix2
Change Pic

It might be normal when transferring small files and the response time that Task Manager reports isn't accurate by any means, but it's bizarre that it's affecting Chrome because supposedly it's on the Windows drive which is an SSD

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

2 minutes ago, .Apex. said:

It might be normal when transferring small files and the response time that Task Manager reports isn't accurate by any means, but it's bizarre that it's affecting Chrome because supposedly it's on the Windows drive which is an SSD

Yeah, but it only happens when I'm transferring a lot of files around 800mb each.

7 minutes ago, Lightphoenix2 said:

Yeah, but it only happens when I'm transferring a lot of files around 800mb each.

Strange, have you tried switching the SATA cable or the SATA port? though I do know that when an HDD is faulty it can affect your entire system when there are a lot of communication errors, there seems to be a Seek-Error Rate and a Read Error Rate, can you post a screenshot of CrystalDiskInfo with the list scrolled down?

7 minutes ago, .Apex. said:

Strange, have you tried switching the SATA cable or the SATA port? though I do know that when an HDD is faulty it can affect your entire system when there are a lot of communication errors, there seems to be a Seek-Error Rate and a Read Error Rate, can you post a screenshot of CrystalDiskInfo with the list scrolled down?

Sure, I edited the previous image. Its quite strange it affect the whole system. Could it be the CPU fault?

1 minute ago, Lightphoenix2 said:

Sure, I edited the previous image. Its quite strange it affect the whole system. Could it be the CPU fault?

Unless your CPU is at 100% while transferring those files then no it shouldn't be at fault, and I don't see anything majorly wrong with the drive so I'm not sure what the issue is