O.C. for Phenom II X4 965 and different Ram Ddr3?

I would like to overclock my CPU along with the ram so they run properly I tried time before with no booting results at all (I needed to clear CMOS) 

My rig is 

CPU:AMD Phenom II x4 965BE @3.4GHZ

RAM: 10GB  DDR3 

STORAGE for OS 300GB Intel SSD Sata 6Gbps (its a server edition) and + 2tb drive + 500gb drive + 1tb drive for storage non raid 0.

PSU: 600w

GPU: GTX 560 ti

MOBO: MSI 970A-G46

This particular motherboard has a UEFI bios that is supposed to make o.c. easier by OC Genie II feature

Do you the best settings for my system by overcloking it? I am not looking a crazy frequency overclock anything beyond the defaults should come in handy 

By the way... this are the ram sticks I run in my pc...(Jpg file attached) 

2GB PNY and  4GBADATA are 1333

Micron Technology 2GB 10600

Kingston  1066 

I have another 4GB hynx ram stick 1066 but I remove it from my pc since when I started to loading heavy games the computer crashed (probably freq variables make the problem since using only that stick without the other ones worked just fine.)

post-66679-0-86151800-1395279675_thumb.j

Did you test each stick of memory serpatly to make sure its compatible with you're motherboard and to eliminate there is know bad sticks of memory?. A that if you want to populate all ram sticks toghier be sure to set the memory timings accordingly and volltage for example if the slowest memory stick is 1066mhz s 7.7.7. 28 1T set the rest of them to the same speed and timings

Cpu:  Amd phenom 965be C3 4.5ghz 1.525v Mobo:  Asus M5A990X EVO R2.0:  Cpu cooler:  Ram Kingston hyperx blu 1600mhz 16gb   Gpu: Asus HD 6870 Direct cu 1ghz 1223mhz mem  Case: Enermax Ostrog mid  Storage: Seagate 1tb, Seagate 500gb, Seagate 120gb, WD 320gb  Psu: Antec 650 watt Truepower modular Monitor: Acer 22"

well I can tell you an issue you will/are having is that you have different speed ram sticks. You would be best to go out and buy a new triple channel kit from newegg or something. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

why a triple channel kit? as for mixing memory is ok most of the time. As for legacy dont listen to him you shuold be ok, just be sure to test each sitck then two of them toghier and so on tell you find which is most stable

Cpu:  Amd phenom 965be C3 4.5ghz 1.525v Mobo:  Asus M5A990X EVO R2.0:  Cpu cooler:  Ram Kingston hyperx blu 1600mhz 16gb   Gpu: Asus HD 6870 Direct cu 1ghz 1223mhz mem  Case: Enermax Ostrog mid  Storage: Seagate 1tb, Seagate 500gb, Seagate 120gb, WD 320gb  Psu: Antec 650 watt Truepower modular Monitor: Acer 22"

I can see why you are having some crashing issues.

Find 2 sticks of matched ram that will do 1333 or 1600 mhz.

Most of your issues will go away. Mixing ram, sizes, and subtimings isnt a wise idea and will lead to issues.

why a triple channel kit? as for mixing memory is ok most of the time. As for legacy dont listen to him you shuold be ok, just be sure to test each sitck then two of them toghier and so on tell you find which is most stable

When the ram are different speeds, generally they dont work well together. I only said triple channel becuase he was using 3 sticks, did not look up his motherboard at all. Now looking at it, he is best with a dual channel kit then. Not mixing and matching. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I disagree you can get away with mixing memory. as proof i have a back up computer with mixed momory works flawlessly, so you know i mixed memory many times before with out issues. And if its makes you feel any better i slighty agree that there is a 5% to 1% chance from mixing sticks you run into random stability issues. p.s take my word for it cause ive worked on computers for 15+ years

When the ram are different speeds, generally they dont work well together. I only said triple channel becuase he was using 3 sticks, did not look up his motherboard at all. Now looking at it, he is best with a dual channel kit then. Not mixing and matching. 

Thank you guys for your answers right now I am using the 4 main sticks that post in a 10GB config with no issues at all and yes I already test them each one to make sure they working fine.

I would like info about how to rise my cpu clock speed regardless in the img says 799.96mhz when I need the rest of the @3.4ghz it i'll get it.

51E78E4D8.jpg

Lowering to 800mhz is normal thats called cool & quiet technologie from Amd, how it works is when you're cpu is doing nothing like idleing  the clocks lower to save on power, but once you put on a load on it like into a game for example the cpu clocks back up to 3.4ghz , and dont worry by disableing cool and quiet to force you're cpu at full clocks well not benefit nothing in terms of speed. now about overclocking you're cpu i dont see the point why would you untill you figure out the memory problem, with that said if you want to overclock i would suggest you read up some amd phenom II overclock guides before you start, cause if you dont know what you're doing you're at risk damageing or frying parts and thats never a good thing

Lowering to 800mhz is normal thats called cool & quiet technologie from Amd, how it works is when you're cpu is doing nothing like idleing  the clocks lower to save on power, but once you put on a load on it like into a game for example the cpu clocks back up to 3.4ghz , and dont worry by disableing cool and quiet to force you're cpu at full clocks well not benefit nothing in terms of speed. now about overclocking you're cpu i dont see the point why would you untill you figure out the memory problem, with that said if you want to overclock i would suggest you read up some amd phenom II overclock guides before you start, cause if you dont know what you're doing you're at risk damageing or frying parts and thats never a good thing

This seems the most reasonably comment so far 

I disagree you can get away with mixing memory.  i

"Get away with" yes.  However he will not be sure this isn't the cause of his issues until it is resolved.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

p.s take my word for it cause ive worked on computers for 15+ years

Who has that "bad ass" image? If it's alright with you I'll take various peoples opinions before yours (at least I know who they are).

Oh BTW does it matter that I first worked on a mainframe (DEC 20) and a PC (PET 2011) and used assembler in 1981,(that's 33years )

and that I have my A+  and an HNC in computer networking?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

I would like to overclock my CPU along with the ram so they run properly I tried time before with no booting results at all (I needed to clear CMOS) 

My rig is 

CPU:AMD Phenom II x4 965BE @3.4GHZ

RAM: 10GB  DDR3 

STORAGE for OS 300GB Intel SSD Sata 6Gbps (its a server edition) and + 2tb drive + 500gb drive + 1tb drive for storage non raid 0.

PSU: 600w

GPU: GTX 560 ti

MOBO: MSI 970A-G46

This particular motherboard has a UEFI bios that is supposed to make o.c. easier by OC Genie II feature

Do you the best settings for my system by overcloking it? I am not looking a crazy frequency overclock anything beyond the defaults should come in handy 

By the way... this are the ram sticks I run in my pc...(Jpg file attached) 

2GB PNY and  4GBADATA are 1333

Micron Technology 2GB 10600

Kingston  1066 

I have another 4GB hynx ram stick 1066 but I remove it from my pc since when I started to loading heavy games the computer crashed (probably freq variables make the problem since using only that stick without the other ones worked just fine.)

You should be able to run all the RAM and 1066Mhz or 1333Mhz CL9 without a problem and just up the CPU multi to 19/20 and add a view volts

You should be able to run all the RAM and 1066Mhz or 1333Mhz CL9 without a problem and just up the CPU multi to 19/20 and add a view volts

what do you mean by '' a view volts'' ? you want me to make another capture in z-cpu / the bios settings?

what do you mean by '' a view volts'' ? you want me to make another capture in z-cpu / the bios settings?

Well I had a 965 at 4GHz with 1.45V.

See how it goes not sure how well binned that one was but it was fast enough :P

Well I had a 965 at 4GHz with 1.45V.

See how it goes not sure how well binned that one was but it was fast enough :P

It is posible to get that freq or at least 3.8GHz without changing settings from ram ?

btw is it risky if I higher the voltage from stock with a 600w psu?

It is posible to get that freq or at least 3.8GHz without changing settings from ram ?

btw is it risky if I higher the voltage from stock with a 600w psu?

Yes, and no not really.