Help with hardware reserved ram

Hello guys, i hope you can help me, coz i have tried everything else i found on videos and forums and nothing worked.

To resume, i built a new pc, with some brand new parts and some i toom from my old fx pc.
i used a GA-A320M-S2H , a Ryzen 5 1600AF and  HyperX Predator (2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 HX432C16PB3K2/16 , plus a psu and gpu i already had on the old build..(corsair cx550 and pny 1060 3gb) 

Well, heres the weird part. it worked perfectly for like 3 months. then one day, it decided it wanted half my ram to be reserved.  and i have been trying to fix this since then. one time or another the pc would boot win1 with the 16gb, and then in the next startup would be back to 8gb. 

i've tried that stuff with the msconfig, and the virutal memory, none worked. the bios is so basic the only thing it has to do with ram is turning xmp on.

7 minutes ago, BrunoSantos said:

Hello guys, i hope you can help me, coz i have tried everything else i found on videos and forums and nothing worked.

To resume, i built a new pc, with some brand new parts and some i toom from my old fx pc.
i used a GA-A320M-S2H , a Ryzen 5 1600AF and  HyperX Predator (2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 HX432C16PB3K2/16 , plus a psu and gpu i already had on the old build..(corsair cx550 and pny 1060 3gb) 

Well, heres the weird part. it worked perfectly for like 3 months. then one day, it decided it wanted half my ram to be reserved.  and i have been trying to fix this since then. one time or another the pc would boot win1 with the 16gb, and then in the next startup would be back to 8gb. 

i've tried that stuff with the msconfig, and the virutal memory, none worked. the bios is so basic the only thing it has to do with ram is turning xmp on.

I have seen *some* progress on issues like this, when the BIOS is updated. Have you done this?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

yes i did, just updated to the newest bios version today

• 4 months later...

If there is a bios setting Memory Remapping try to enable or disable it.I have seen windows displaying wrong memory because of it.