NZXT H440 or Define R4( First time water cooling)

Pointyman77

Im planning on doing a new build soon but im still puzzled on the case. The Define R4 has way more space to mount a pump and res but the H440 just looks WAY better in my opinion although the R4 is stil a great looking case. The only thing that has me wondering is that the best place to mount the pump and res on the H440 is where all the hard drive caddys are and i cant only use SSDs for storage. Any help deciding on what i should get or any opinions on how to mount things or what i should buy would be appreciated :)

there are 5.25 to 3 inch drive pay adapters so you can use the 5.25 bays to hold your HDD's

there are 5.25 to 3 inch drive pay adapters so you can use the 5.25 bays to hold your HDD's

I would do this and go with the H440. I think it's plainly more beautiful.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

My eyes are just stuck on the H440 so i will probably go with it despite the hassle Dx 

Im planning on doing a new build soon but im still puzzled on the case. The Define R4 has way more space to mount a pump and res but the H440 just looks WAY better in my opinion although the R4 is stil a great looking case. The only thing that has me wondering is that the best place to mount the pump and res on the H440 is where all the hard drive caddys are and i cant only use SSDs for storage. Any help deciding on what i should get or any opinions on how to mount things or what i should buy would be appreciated :)

so this is the first water cool build. keep it simple for the first. biting more than

you can chew will easily destroy the experience. if going the custom water

cooling build, the fractal design arc midi would be a better case to use. the R4

is keen, but very limited on interior air flow (to reduce noise). midi has 5.25 to

use a bay/res combo with a D5 pump. you can modify the H440 to hold the

bay/res, but remember first time, make it easy on yourself. the H440 would

need a seperate reservoir, pump plumbed into the case. again, make it easier

on yourself.

the R4 is a great AIO case, but with some drawbacks there are better

alternatives. since you have singled out "silence" cases, my suggestion is not to

purchase loud hardware and then you can use any case.

the H440 was alright when it came and would be a great SLI/CFX case for water

cooling. but has its limitations.

eaiest thing to do is jump into it with minimal information and loose money on

something that is kinda expensive. research is good, opinion is good, but not law.