Help with idle temps

Ankaro

Hello all,

Built my first rig since 1999, and it appears to be running hot.  Running an AMD 3950x with 48-50 degrees C idle and 75 degrees C under load with port royal for 1 hour with no throttling.  Load temps seem great, idle temps are super high.  Running a H115I Capellix AIO with 8 fans.  Reinstalled the pump a couple times to ensure a good fit.  

Am I running too hot at idle?  If so, what can I do to fix?  My load temps are great...

Thanks in advance.

setup1.jpg

STATS.png

48-50 is normal idle temp, in fact it’s actually cool by some standards.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

Thanks for the reply.  Was thinking it was high seeing some temps in the thirties for other builds.  Appreciate the vector check.

12 minutes ago, Ankaro said:

Hello all,

Built my first rig since 1999, and it appears to be running hot.  Running an AMD 3950x with 48-50 degrees C idle and 75 degrees C under load with port royal for 1 hour with no throttling.  Load temps seem great, idle temps are super high.  Running a H115I Capellix AIO with 8 fans.  Reinstalled the pump a couple times to ensure a good fit.  

Am I running too hot at idle?  If so, what can I do to fix?  My load temps are great...

Thanks in advance.

setup1.jpg

STATS.png

I think those are good temps.

On an unrelated note, my recently cleaned and repasted laptop has almost the same temps.

PS: The build looks noice.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

Its ok but it is a bit high. 

Whats your temps with an actual cpu load 

You can use cinebench r20 to bench

Not sure if it's been fix, but in the past hw monitor was causing a raise I temps for reasons I dont want to get it to right now, but use hwinfo instead 

Things to help bring down temps

Update bios and chipset drive

Undervolt so long it doesn't cost performance.

about 72 degrees C in C20.  Its weird that the idle temps are high but the load temps are not, with no throttling.