Potential new build

Swampy1981

Good evening everyone. 

Thinking about build a PC. Got one already, nothing wrong with works ok. But looking for something more up to date, that will get me a slightly better frame rate while playing games (CoD, CyberPunk, Watchdog Legions), currently getting 60fps. 

But unfortunately I don’t know where to start. Not wanting to break the bank, or necessarily want a 3090 graphics card if I could get one. Any suggestions on what to purchase first. More RGB in final product the better 😉

16 minutes ago, Swampy1981 said:

Good evening everyone. 

Thinking about build a PC. Got one already, nothing wrong with works ok. But looking for something more up to date, that will get me a slightly better frame rate while playinggames (CoD, CyberPunk, Watchdog Legions), currently getting 60fps. 

But unfortunately I don’t know where to start. Not wanting to break the bank, or necessarily want a 3090 graphics card if I could get one. Any suggestions on what to purchase first. More RGB in final product the better 😉

What specs do you have currently, could you carry any parts over? Like storage

It's going to be hard getting a graphics card but 3060ti or 3070 would be great, you could also try and get a 5600x (also hard to get) its $300. I would also add another phanteks rgb fan to use as exhaust.

8 minutes ago, Mateimm said:

What specs do you have currently, could you carry any parts over? Like storage

It's going to be hard getting a graphics card but 3060ti or 3070 would be great, you could also try and get a 5600x (also hard to get) its $300. I would also add another phanteks rgb fan to use as exhaust.

My current set up is a Intel Core i7 3770 @3.40 GHz 16gb DDR3 ram 128GB mSATA plus 1tb hard drive with a nvidia GeForce GTX 1650. Purchased it prebuilt a couple of yrs ago. Hoping to build my own and pass this on to the kids. 

37 minutes ago, Swampy1981 said:

My current set up is a Intel Core i7 3770 @3.40 GHz 16gb DDR3 ram 128GB mSATA plus 1tb hard drive with a nvidia GeForce GTX 1650. Purchased it prebuilt a couple of yrs ago. Hoping to build my own and pass this on to the kids. 

Do you want to upgrade or build from the ground up?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

1 hour ago, Swampy1981 said:

Good evening everyone. 

Thinking about build a PC. Got one already, nothing wrong with works ok. But looking for something more up to date, that will get me a slightly better frame rate while playing games (CoD, CyberPunk, Watchdog Legions), currently getting 60fps. 

But unfortunately I don’t know where to start. Not wanting to break the bank, or necessarily want a 3090 graphics card if I could get one. Any suggestions on what to purchase first. More RGB in final product the better 😉

budget? Country?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 hours ago, Enzo1001 said:

Do you want to upgrade or build from the ground up?

Want to build from ground up, as I want to pass this on to the kids as it will do them for a couple of yrs. 

1 hour ago, Downkey said:

budget? Country?

I’m in the UK. As for budget. Don’t really have one, as I will be buying bits and pieces as when I can. But don’t want to be spending an absolute fortune on it. 

On 1/15/2021 at 9:24 PM, Swampy1981 said:

I’m in the UK. As for budget. Don’t really have one, as I will be buying bits and pieces as when I can. But don’t want to be spending an absolute fortune on it. 

You have to tell us something else we dont rly know what "absolute fortune" means, for some people this is 500 pounds for others its 1500-2000. So please tell us how much you atleast approximately 

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.