MacBook 2,1

Hello, i have a 2007 MacBook 2,1 (ox X7,5), but i would like a newer Mac OS, at least mavericks. I tried Macpostfactor without succes. Would somebody please mind creating a bootable instalation file?

Thanks (sorry for my english, not my main language)馃檪

6 minutes ago, kemidar874 said:

Hello, i have a 2007 MacBook 2,1 (ox X7,5), but i would like a newer Mac OS, at least mavericks. I tried Macpostfactor without succes. Would somebody please mind creating a bootable instalation file?

Just to make sure:
It's currently running OS X 10.7.5.

EDIT:
I went to look at dosdude1's Sierra patcher and it's not new enough (by 1 year), so I'm not sure what to do.
It's a Core 2 Duo, though, so you might want to just get a new MacBook.

elephants

2 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Just to make sure:
It's currently running OS X 10.7.5.

EDIT:
I went to look at dosdude1's Sierra patcher and it's not new enough (by 1 year), so I'm not sure what to do.
It's a Core 2 Duo, though, so you might want to just get a new MacBook.

Yeah i know, but its mac that i got for free to test mac os. I think it should be compatible(not officially) with at least mavericks, i dont think that mac is that big of a problem, i think its more about me trying to use聽janky downloaded versions of mac os

16 minutes ago, kemidar874 said:

I doubt you will get that to work even when patched. You are missing the graphics driver so playing videos will be very bad. 10.7, even 10.6 is fine for that model. Why do you need a newer OS? Did you already buy it?

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

I doubt you will get that to work even when patched. You are missing the graphics driver so playing videos will be very bad. 10.7, even 10.6 is fine for that model. Why do you need a newer OS? Did you already buy it?

I did not buy anything, i think that the patch should work even though very slowly

Unfortunately 10.7.5 is the realistic max for that hardware. It's just too old and outdated to run anything newer, even Mavericks. It'll be missing drivers, so you won't have a good experience at all.聽

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT聽(1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, kemidar874 said:

i think its more about me trying to use聽janky downloaded versions of mac os

The 2006 and 2007 2.1 only have聽official support for 10.7 so you are out of luck there. Also, if you want a newer Mac OS version, just buy it.

1 minute ago, kemidar874 said:

I did not buy anything, i think that the patch should work even though very slowly

I can't help you with illegally modified software.

2 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

I can't help you with illegally modified software.

Patching macOS isn't really illegally modified software. If so then none of the dosdude1 patchers would exist.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT聽(1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

5 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

Patching macOS isn't really illegally modified software. If so then none of the dosdude1 patchers would exist.

the problem is the 2,1 macbook has a 32bit efi. The lastest version of osx for those systems is 10.7. I know there was some mods to get 10.11 on them, but id just put windows or linux if you want a modern os.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

the problem is the 2,1 macbook has a 32bit efi. The lastest version of osx for those systems is 10.7. I know there was some mods to get 10.11 on them, but id just put windows or linux if you want a modern os.

I know, that's sort of what I said in my first comment:

11 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

Unfortunately 10.7.5 is the realistic max for that hardware. It's just too old and outdated to run anything newer, even Mavericks. It'll be missing drivers, so you won't have a good experience at all.聽

I already installed windowst, its just i would be happy to have it also as a usefull Mac

Just now, kemidar874 said:

I already installed windowst, its just i would be happy to have it also as a usefull Mac

The problem is the cpu can only run 10.11, and that doesn't have great support for modern mac apps, and isn't support. Your gonna need a newer mac if you want to have a modern mac os system.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The problem is the cpu can only run 10.11, and that doesn't have great support for modern mac apps, and isn't support. Your gonna need a newer mac if you want to have a modern mac os system.

it would just be nice to have at least yosemite on it since most apps recquire at least that

10 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

I believe the OP did not buy the OS in the first place but tries to use a modded one without a license. That's what I meant. I have no issues with modding your copy of the OS.

Just now, kemidar874 said:

it would just be nice to have at least yosemite on it since most apps recquire at least that

Well you can run 10.11 on it. Id do 3gb of ram and a ssd first though. And its gonna be slow.

here is a guide聽https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/os-x-el-capitan-on-unsupported-macs.1889851/

Well you can run 10.11 on it. Id do 3gb of ram and a ssd first though. And its gonna be slow.

here is a guide聽https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/os-x-el-capitan-on-unsupported-macs.1889851/

Quote from the link you have posted:聽Please note that older GPU (GMA 950, X3100, X1600, X1300, X1900, 7300gt, etc.) Graphics Acceleration on Mavericks, Yosemite, and El Capitan are not supported yet.

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

I believe the OP did not buy the OS in the first place but tries to use a modded one without a license. That's what I meant. I have no issues with modding your copy of the OS.

The license for macOS is not something you buy as you would with Windows. Not sure what you're talking about with using a modded OS without a license.聽

Just now, Applefreak said:

Quote from the link you have posted:聽Please note that older GPU (GMA 950, X3100, X1600, X1300, X1900, 7300gt, etc.) Graphics Acceleration on Mavericks, Yosemite, and El Capitan are not supported yet.

@Electronics Wizardy聽said that it would be slow, that's why. There won't be any graphical acceleration.聽