Help me install a mATX board in Dell Optiplex 9020 Casing

Hi everyone.

I have a Gigabyte B450M S2H V2 board which is mATX. I got a used Dell Optiplex 9020 Tower Casing to save money for other parts. But after I got it home, I realized that the Casing has proprietary connectors for front audio and USB ports.

daf64222-c55f-4d04-8149-40c704bee886_1.9

Here is the front panel of the Casing. (Optiplex 9020 has the same front panel and connectors).

4-Front-IO-panel.JPG

The two USB 3 ports have a blue connector which, after some modification, fits inside the internal USB 3 header and works fine.

The power button connector was also too short, so I had to cut it and extend it to the pow+ and pow- pins on the board. The power button now works fine. There is no reset button on the Casing.

However, the other two USB 2 ports and audio ports have a single connector which won't match with anything on the board. The connector also has two wires for an HDD activity LED at the front.

2-Front-IO-plug-1.JPG

This is the pinout diagram I found for this connector.

C-Front-IO-socket- pinout.jpg

Below are the available headers on the motherboard:

96FAcT0.jpg

Please help me get those two USB 2 ports and audio ports to work. My plan is to use breadboard connectors (shown below) to do it. But I don't know which pins should go where, and I don't want to screw with my new motherboards audio/usb circuits by experimenting. Please also tell me how much these connectors will affect my audio quality and USB speeds.

PRO-00012-JUMPER-WIRES-MALE-FEMALE-BUNDL

Thanks a lot in advance, any help will be appreciated.

Just look up a standard usb 2 header and audio header pinout? You already got the most difficult part done now it's just looking up the pinout of standard headers.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Just look up a standard usb 2 header and audio header pinout? You already got the most difficult part done now it's just looking up the pinout of standard headers.

The USB header seems easy. Here is the pinout diagram for a standard USB 2 header. It matches the pins in Optiplex's connector.

24145iC0D52D44244C083E?v=1.0

But I am not sure about the audio header. There are different diagrams for different headers and I am not sure which one my board has:

pcsyke_78.jpg

I will connect the basic headphone left/right, mic left/right and ground pins but I don't understand the others. The Optiplex's connector has only 8 pins for audio, while the images above shows 9 pins.

I tried connecting them once on my own but it didn't work. I am afraid to risk it again.

2 minutes ago, Lucius_47 said:

The USB header seems easy. Here is the pinout diagram for a standard USB 2 header. It matches the pins in Optiplex's connector.

24145iC0D52D44244C083E?v=1.0

But I am not sure about the audio header. There are different diagrams for different headers and I am not sure which one my board has:

pcsyke_78.jpg

I will connect the basic headphone left/right, mic left/right and ground pins but I don't understand the others. The Optiplex's connector has only 8 pins for audio, while the images above shows 9 pins.

I tried connecting them once on my own but it didn't work. I am afraid to risk it again.

You should have hd audio ac 97 hasn't been used in well over a decade. I'd say try stuff one step at a time and do audio last.

28 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You should have hd audio ac 97 hasn't been used in well over a decade. I'd say try stuff one step at a time and do audio last.

i fried some pci slots from plugin in an audio plug... so i wont go near it.

in the maul it tells you what pin is what.

manul.png

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links