Would this SSD be really good for my OS and other stuff?

Yashiees

1 hour ago, MonkeyWrench said:

So for my build I had decided either to get the samsung evo 970 or the crucial P1 with them I'm sure that the speeds and everything is really good 

samsung evo 970 is very expensive for 500 gb.

Just now, Yashiees said:

samsung evo 970 is very expensive for 500 gb.

Yup that's why crucial P1 I think it is 60$ on amazon 

WD is good brand for HDD I have not used the SSD neither have I seen any reviews on it 

Also unless you need that data transfer speed you won't get much difference with the 5400RPM HDD it will save you alot and 5400 ones are more durable and last longer and work at lower temps 

12 minutes ago, MonkeyWrench said:

Yup that's why crucial P1 I think it is 60$ on amazon 

WD is good brand for HDD I have not used the SSD neither have I seen any reviews on it 

Also unless you need that data transfer speed you won't get much difference with the 5400RPM HDD it will save you alot and 5400 ones are more durable and last longer and work at lower temps 

The p1 is a dramless ssd and is just garbage for anything but storage. 5400rpm and 7200rpm are a massive difference as running games of a 5400rpm drive is just asking for trouble.

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The p1 is a dramless ssd and is just garbage for anything but storage. 5400rpm and 7200rpm are a massive difference as running games of a 5400rpm drive is just asking for trouble.

Honestly I am using WD blue 2tb 5400 and crucial P1 1tb
I have gta 5 on the crucial one and the load times are really not that bad and games like fortnite, apex,csgo and valo and watch dogs on the HDD 

I don't face any issues 

1 minute ago, MonkeyWrench said:

Honestly I am using WD blue 2tb 5400 and crucial P1 1tb
I have gta 5 on the crucial one and the load times are really not that bad and games like fortnite, apex,csgo and valo and watch dogs on the HDD 

I don't face any issues 

It's not unusable but better drives can be had for the same price and cheaper so it's pointless to get it. All the games you play are older or lighter (assuming it's the old watchdogs) new games however that are open world and need to stream a fair bit of data do not like slower hdds at all.

Hi, i bought a ssd for 14.56 usb including the delivery fee.
It was 60gb ssd and enough for my os and drivers.
I felt a very huge difference between hdd and ssd since I was a since hdd user for about 6 years until I got my first ssd which is this one.
So yeah I do recommend it so much because it can save you lots and lots of time.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

It's not unusable but better drives can be had for the same price and cheaper so it's pointless to get it. All the games you play are older or lighter (assuming it's the old watchdogs) new games however that are open world and need to stream a fair bit of data do not like slower hdds at all.

True there are better ones the pricing is fluctuating so you can wait for the right time

And like if you are more into the open world games then just get sata ssd instead of the hdd it will cost a little more but it will be really great