Good Guy Fractal Design Define XL R2 Problems

So for the second time i have run into issues with my define XL R2 the first being a fan controller that died on me and then to know that apparently the first batch of the case came with the wrong size standoffs so expansion cards will have issues fitting so the new sound card i got would not fit correctly.  I have to say that there customer service is the best i have ever seen.  The fan controller was quick and easy and they came right out and told me that hey yeah sorry about the wrong standoffs.  Either they use the best call center templates ever or it was actually someone who knew his product line well either way i was greatly impressed even though this is the second time i've had issues with the product.  Just wanted to share my good guy fractal story so even though i had issues i'm still very positive about the company and just bought a Node 304 a while back.

PS I could also be really happy to cause i was able to get the below care package out of them and not just an eveplope with screws lol :P

post-732-0-91037100-1395246926_thumb.jpg

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

Excellent company

Excellent case

I wish more people would try the XLR2 over the Define R4.  You compromise on a few things (removable front dust filter), but the extra space you get is so worth it.

Excellent company

Excellent case

I wish more people would try the XLR2 over the Define R4.  You compromise on a few things (removable front dust filter), but the extra space you get is so worth it.

Depends, if you want to go custom loop, SLI/Crossfire or want alot of more airflow: Yes. but for a rather compact ATX with Air/AIO Cooling it's not that more beneficial.

i am going to get a XLR2 when i build my new computer this summer :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I have the XL R2, and I had some USB port jankiness on it when I got it. It took them a while to respond to my emails. Their excuse was that they were at CES so they weren't being monitored. That being said, once CES was over, the replacement part was quick and fairly painless after that. I really like the case as well. Just wish it had some wheels on the bottom.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC