AMD or Intel

Hey Guys,

Im going to build a PC and I would love to hear your opinions about the processor.

Well, I am a Civil Engineer and as you can imagine I am going to use my PC for modeling/analyses, Cad-drawings. Some of the programs are AutoCAD, ETABs, SolidWorks, Abaqus, Matlab etc. Also, sometime for gaming like League of Legends.

I am between Intel Core i9-10900K and AMD Ryzen 95900X, I mean both of them looks great and I am think to buy the AMD.

Can you please tell me yours opinions?

Thank you,

Marios

while the higher AMD ones is a bit more for productivity, it can be a great option for you.

OP for league though :P but that and a nice GPU, intel would be more gaming focused?

While with AMD's 5000 series you will get both, for multi-tasking and gaming with a lot of cores for those tasks. just have decently good ram and everything else you need with the system.

If you can afford 5900X, go for it. Its just as good for gaming if not even better and definitely better at pretty much everything else

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

The 5950X would most assuredly be the better CPU for that kind of workload, with more PCIe lanes, 6 more cores, and higher single thread performance. Most of those workloads are very multithreaded, so the extra cores would be very useful. You might want to also check out Threadripper, if you're willing to spend the extra cash, so you can get even more cores and absolutely crush those workloads. 

Well, to be honest I don't care too much about gaming, My primary purpose is for the programs that I have mention 

12 minutes ago, Marios Shialos said:

Well, to be honest I don't care too much about gaming, My primary purpose is for the programs that I have mention 

If you don't have much budget limitation, you might want to look at 3rd gen Threadrippers, or maybe 5th gen ones once AMD releases them.

elephants