Brand New Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 Random Shutdowns

Lahire149

Hey guys, hoping maybe someone has any ideas before I might have to return this unit. Just upgraded from an ancient Corsair TX-850 I was using for my 3600X with PBO an overclocked GTX 970 - not exactly a power hungry system. I have a HAF X, so cooling is not a problem, and I wanted a silent PSU that would be okay in the future to run a stock 3080. I've seen reports of this exact unit, the TX-700, working with a FTW3.

Anyways, the new Seasonic Prime unit worked well for gaming, and I even ran Furmark/Cinebench simultaneously on the first day just to make sure. Then I tried changing the Nvidia control panel power setting to "maximum power" just to see if I could get any more out of my GTX 970, but when I did that and tried to launch Battlefront 2, it immediately tripped the PSU. I had to physically reset the switch to get it back online. Tried launching BF2 again with the same settings, and it worked fine this time.

The the next day, I did more stress testing then played Overwatch for about an hour, and all was fine. Closed the game, opened a spreadsheet for 5 minutes with nothing else running and the unit tripped again. Am I missing something here or do I just have a bad unit?

Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700

Ryzen 5 3600X

Noctua NH-D14

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

16GB G. Skill 3600 14-15-15-35

860 EVO

Soundblaster Z

HAF X