Rog strix desktop ram upgrade.

raymondjjcruz

I need some help. I bought an asus rog strix desktop from best buy for 1250 U.S. dollars and upgraded the single 16 gb 2666mhz ram stick to 2 corsair vengeance 3200mhz rgb. The problem is the ram is only running at 2133mhz. I've been in the bios and see no way to enable any xmp. I have an i7 9700f and an rtx 2070 super. Am I losing much performance? What do I do?

You cannot overclock your ram (in other words turn on xmp) with a locked motherboard, this pre built seems to use an H or B series chipset so you can't do anything about it (and logical because you can't overclock the 9700F). Try updating your bios, normally the i7 should be running at 2400MHz and you shouldn't be able to lose too much performance because intel isn't as memory hog as ryzen...

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

Thank you. I am still happy with the performance of the system. I won't sweat it any longer.

So, if you bought a new motherboard; you would be able to use XMP with the i7-9700K? I bought G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 for this system. CPUID says max bandwidth is 1066MHz in each slot, so mine is running at 2133MHz also . Its running slower than the original ram that was single channel at 2667 MHz. Is that normal for dual channel to run a bit slower.