Another question... Upscaling PS5

DubbleD

Hey there, here i am again with another 'dumb' question, this regarding the Playstation 5.

I would like to know is the PS5 use upscaling for 4k of if this is a native 4k console.
Couldn;t find it anywere. Hope u guys & girls can help me. :)

It depends on the game. Demon souls allows you to run 4k 30 or 1440p 60. It doesn’t specifically say that, but that’s what it is to my knowledge Don’t worry about 1440p upscaling, it looks darn close to 4k with console optimizations. 

19 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

It's all on a game-by-game basis. Lots of games target (and hit) 2160p on the PS5 as of now.

Didn't Sony say they weren't supporting 1440p, as I'm sure I read that a lot of people with 1440p monitors were annoyed by their decision not to support that resolution?

It basically means it's s either 1080p or 4k...though, I may have misunderstood this point. 

1 hour ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Didn't Sony say they weren't supporting 1440p, as I'm sure I read that a lot of people with 1440p monitors were annoyed by their decision not to support that resolution?

It basically means it's s either 1080p or 4k...though, I may have misunderstood this point. 

It can't output a 1440p signal, but games can render at whatever resolution the developer desires.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.