Learning programming

Ethanvr
Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,

It can take years to master a programming language, let alone become an experienced developer. Which is probably why there are no simply guides. Typically you'd go to university for that.

Once you're proficient in a language there's not much to do other than practice, practice, practice. Also, talk to other people who have been in it for longer and maybe read guides about best practices and so on. At some stage language becomes secondary and it is more about "how to be a good developer".

Hey,

does anyone know any good place to start learning python. I'm talking about a source that goes from a beginner python programmer to a master python programmer. What I see nowadays is just beginning to learn languages and not much of them teach us how to go professional so yea any suggestions?

It can take years to master a programming language, let alone become an experienced developer. Which is probably why there are no simply guides. Typically you'd go to university for that.

Once you're proficient in a language there's not much to do other than practice, practice, practice. Also, talk to other people who have been in it for longer and maybe read guides about best practices and so on. At some stage language becomes secondary and it is more about "how to be a good developer".

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Learn the basics and then practice by working on your own projects, try to find something you wish it would be automated and create a program for it. 

You will start facing challenges on how to do x which is part of achieving y, find resources and eventually you will take in more and more knowledge. 

There is no beginner to master guide for anything. Being a master means having implicit/tacit knowledge. Guides offer you explicit knowledge, which only helps to a certain extent. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

It really depends on what you are trying to achieve. Python is merely a tool that can do a lot of different things. You'll spend a lot of time working with libraries that are specific to the task at hand. The manual is a good place to learn the basics, beyond that you'll have to look for a program/courses in your field.

---

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 3:15 PM, Eigenvektor said:

well then imma gonna head out to uni

Universities probably won’t use Python that much, at least they were rather Java-focused not too long ago.

Maybe Python is the wrong language to start with?

Write in C.

On 1/18/2021 at 6:27 AM, Dat Guy said:

Universities probably won’t use Python that much, at least they were rather Java-focused not too long ago.

Maybe Python is the wrong language to start with?

I took a few semesters of CS when I was in collage about 8 years ago. We only use C++.