I'd like an AIO that can keep my 5600x (oc) cool.

ismobruh

Hello guys,

I'm pretty much finished with buying the components for my first Pc, just the CPU cooler is missing. 

I'd like an AIO that can keep my 5600x (oc) cool. I watched some videos regarding this topic and i want to choose between the Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 280, the Deepcool Castle 280ex or the Corsair iCUE H115i RGB XT (or some other 280mm Corsair AIO).

Now I'm not sure which one to buy. The Arctic one has a great performance but i really dislike the design of it.

I'm not sure about the Deepcools cooling performance because nearly every source of German forums and articles come to other conclusions in cooling and noise. Moreover I'm not sure how good of a company Deepcool is and how long-living their products are.

Corsairs AIO's have a pretty nice and minimalistic design but like Deepcools AIO I'm not sure about cooling performance and noise levels. 

So I'm looking for good cooling performance, moderate design and long-living AIO.

Would be great if you guys could help me in my buying decision or even recommend other aio's.

Sorry if the grammer is faulty English is not my mother tongue. 

The 5600x isn't very hard to cool. What case are you using and why are you looking at these coolers in particular?

Where are you shopping / located?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I suspect that all of them will be more than enough.  You have a 65w chip, and those coolers can easily handle the bigger ryzen chips.  I would pick which ever looks best.

That said, if you really want to get the ABSOLUTE best performance, my understanding is that having good contact between the coldplate and the CPU lid / heatspreader is the most important factor, especially when comparing between AIO's with the same radiator size.  

The arctic has a 2 yr warranty, the deepcool a 3 yr warranty, and and the corsair has a nice 5 year warranty.  That doesn't necessarily mean one is more reliable than the other, but it's interesting. It's anyone's guess which one is actually the most reliable.

Not an expert
Ryzen3600  | Aorus 5700XT  | Aorus B550 Elite 
Coolermaster ML240L AIO
G.Skill RipjawsV3600  | PNY XLR8 1TB NVMe 3.0
Westinghouse 3440x1440 ultrawide

On 1/7/2021 at 8:38 AM, WoodenMarker said:

The 5600x isn't very hard to cool. What case are you using and why are you looking at these coolers in particular?

Where are you shopping / located?

I'm using the Corsair 4000D Airflow case. I chose the Arctic one because of Gamers Nexus reviews on it and because its pretty cheap here in Germany (90€, 110$) in comparison to the Deepcool one (140€, 170$) and the Corsair one (135-150€, 165-183$). 

I found the Deepcool one on Youtube and found it very good looking and the Corsair ones were recommended by friends.

As you may noticed I'm from Germany.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:32 AM, p51mustang23 said:

I suspect that all of them will be more than enough.  You have a 65w chip, and those coolers can easily handle the bigger ryzen chips.  I would pick which ever looks best.

That said, if you really want to get the ABSOLUTE best performance, my understanding is that having good contact between the coldplate and the CPU lid / heatspreader is the most important factor, especially when comparing between AIO's with the same radiator size.  

The arctic has a 2 yr warranty, the deepcool a 3 yr warranty, and and the corsair has a nice 5 year warranty.  That doesn't necessarily mean one is more reliable than the other, but it's interesting. It's anyone's guess which one is actually the most reliable.

I also thought about the warranty of the differnet coolers.

It's my first PC Build and I dont have any experience regarding oc or temps in general. So I wanted to take the safe way and take the best cooler. If you say I don't need the extremest cooling performance I think I will roll with the Deepcool or Corsair one.

5 hours ago, ismobruh said:

I also thought about the warranty of the differnet coolers.

It's my first PC Build and I dont have any experience regarding oc or temps in general. So I wanted to take the safe way and take the best cooler. If you say I don't need the extremest cooling performance I think I will roll with the Deepcool or Corsair one.

Any of the mentioned coolers would be plenty for cooling and arguably overkill. More cooling performance is good but the extra money could be put towards a future cpu upgrade for a more tangible performance difference. If you aren't oc'ing and just wanted a decent upgrade from the stock cooler, a Gammaxx GTE V2 or Fuma 2 would be ample for cooling: 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/QCvqqs/deepcool-gammaxx-gte-v2-645-cfm-cpu-cooler-dp-mch4-gmx-gte-v2bk

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/YsHRsY/scythe-fuma-2-5117-cfm-cpu-cooler-scfm-2000

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Any of the mentioned coolers would be plenty for cooling and arguably overkill. More cooling performance is good but the extra money could be put towards a future cpu upgrade for a more tangible performance difference. If you aren't oc'ing and just wanted a decent upgrade from the stock cooler, a Gammaxx GTE V2 or Fuma 2 would be ample for cooling: 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/QCvqqs/deepcool-gammaxx-gte-v2-645-cfm-cpu-cooler-dp-mch4-gmx-gte-v2bk

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/YsHRsY/scythe-fuma-2-5117-cfm-cpu-cooler-scfm-2000

I plan to overclock my CPU so I just bought Deepcools AIO, as you said thats more than enough for me.

Thank you guys for helping me choose.