How can I compare sRGB and AdobeRGB in Photoshop?

Hello. I already have a method but I want to be sure  is it correc to compare.

First, I open a photo that supports AdobeRGB.

Next, I'm changing it's color space on "Edit > Color Settings. 

When I choose AdobeRGB, it looks pretty good, and then, when I choose sRGB, it becomes worse. It's OK and normal, what I want.

Then, I want to save both of the photos to my computer for comparing them. But when I was saving "sRGB" one and clicking "Convert to sRGB", it becames same with AdobeRGB. So I remove the click from that option.

I only choose "embed color profile" when saving AdobeRGB and I click neither of them when saving sRGB.

852734110_Ekrangrnts2021-01-06104314.thumb.png.0424762073d73622fcbc5cb4f02521c6.png

"Renk profilini göm" means "Embedded color profile".    Photo  in the prefview is as same as AdobeRGB when I click convert to sRGB.

And this makes me think about my method. Are there any mistake? Did I save rightly? Should I click "Convert to sRGB" when saving sRGB one?

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, 1 QKAZZ said:

But when I was saving "sRGB" one and clicking "Convert to sRGB", it becames same with AdobeRGB. So I remove the click from that option.

Well you DO want both to look the same once saved and reopened...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, 1 QKAZZ said:

Hello. I already have a method but I want to be sure  is it correc to compare.

First, I open a photo that supports AdobeRGB.

Next, I'm changing it's color space on "Edit > Color Settings. 

When I choose AdobeRGB, it looks pretty good, and then, when I choose sRGB, it becomes worse. It's OK and normal, what I want.

Then, I want to save both of the photos to my computer for comparing them. But when I was saving "sRGB" one and clicking "Convert to sRGB", it becames same with AdobeRGB. So I remove the click from that option.

I only choose "embed color profile" when saving AdobeRGB and I click neither of them when saving sRGB.

852734110_Ekrangrnts2021-01-06104314.thumb.png.0424762073d73622fcbc5cb4f02521c6.png

"Renk profilini göm" means "Embedded color profile".    Photo  in the prefview is as same as AdobeRGB when I click convert to sRGB.

And this makes me think about my method. Are there any mistake? Did I save rightly? Should I click "Convert to sRGB" when saving sRGB one?

Thank you.

Do you have a 10-bit monitor and a gpu that supports 10-bit color?

What you need to learn is how to proof colors

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/proofing-colors.html

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

• 2 weeks later...

Converting after the fact is just going to compress and clip the color space. There’s no simple way to compare because your edits were in aRGB.

Do you use a high end print service that actually uses aRGB? If not, stick with sRGB and edit in sRGB since that’s what 99.999% of all digital displays and web standards default to. 

On 1/6/2021 at 4:06 AM, LaFemmeEnVert said:

Do you have a 10-bit monitor and a gpu that supports 10-bit color?

What you need to learn is how to proof colors

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/proofing-colors.html

You don’t need a 10 bit display to work in aRGB. Bit depth and color space are very different things.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

On 1/18/2021 at 1:57 AM, Vitamanic said:

Converting after the fact is just going to compress and clip the color space. There’s no simple way to compare because your edits were in aRGB.

Do you use a high end print service that actually uses aRGB? If not, stick with sRGB and edit in sRGB since that’s what 99.999% of all digital displays and web standards default to. 

You don’t need a 10 bit display to work in aRGB. Bit depth and color space are very different things.

a 10-bit display will be capable of showing more of adobe rgb colors.

and in photoshop, if you know how to soft proof colors, it can show you the differencess between a image with srgb and adobe rgb color profiles.

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

25 minutes ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

a 10-bit display will be capable of showing more of adobe rgb colors.

and in photoshop, if you know how to soft proof colors, it can show you the differencess between a image with srgb and adobe rgb color profiles.

What? That’s not how it works.

Adobe RGB is a color space, not a specific number of colors. aRGB and sRGB have the same amount of colors available in 10 bit. They have the same amount of colors as each other in 8 bit too. It scales, every color space scales with the bit depth.

So in conclusion, you can absolutely take advantage of aRGB’s wider space on an 8 bit display if you actually have a reason to do so over sRGB.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20