What is A-volute and should i update it?

Mitzy

Looks like its your sound drivers. Honestly I had to Google that one for myself.

What pc are you using?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

58 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Looks like its your sound drivers. Honestly I had to Google that one for myself.

What pc are you using?

I built one but it has an Asus gaming e motherboard x570 

58 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

What pc are you using?

Sorry for double quote but the reason I’m asking about a volute is because I have heard that a lot of people have had issues with this specific driver with no sound or crashing windows so do you get any of these errors or is it all fine for you when using these drivers 

Edited by SansVarnic
Merged Comments

@Mitzy I have no experience with this sound driver, so I am not sure what to tell you about how stable they are.

In my experience keeping drivers and or firmware up to date is a good thing.

After looking around a bit in Asus forums, I found this:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?122091-X570-C8-Dark-Hero-Missing-A-Volute-Sound-driver-solution

and it mentions the volute sound driver is for the integrated Realtek sound card on your mobo.

Are you experiencing any issues currently?

Is your system wanting to update these drivers on it owns [via windows update]?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER