GPU crashes and weird sound

Daniel_1104

Hi guys so I sold my old GTX 1070ti on ebay today and it worked perfectly fine for me and the guy I sold it to is reporting issues with it. He’s saying the GPU is making a weird sound which i’ll attach the video for and it’s crashing as soon as he try’s to load a game. Any advice on the fix please?

5 minutes ago, Daniel_1104 said:

Hi guys so I sold my old GTX 1070ti on ebay today and it worked perfectly fine for me and the guy I sold it to is reporting issues with it. He’s saying the GPU is making a weird sound which i’ll attach the video for and it’s crashing as soon as he try’s to load a game. Any advice on the fix please?

He also sent this video clip of the crashing 

8 minutes ago, Daniel_1104 said:

Any advice on the fix please?

Since it's not in your hands, that's going to be very challenging to fix, as we don't know his specs. He could have tried to OC it, his OS could be corrupted, insufficient power supply.

Any one of a million things.

eBay always takes the buyer's side, prepare to refund his money and if you are lucky, get your video card back intact. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Since it's not in your hands, that's going to be very challenging to fix, as we don't know his specs. He could have tried to OC it, his OS could be corrupted, insufficient power supply.

Any one of a million things.

eBay always takes the buyer's side, prepare to refund his money and if you are lucky, get your video card back intact. 

I managed to troubleshoot the crashing issue, it was a bug with total war and 10 series Gpu’s, the rest of the games work fine. It’s just the noise if you know anything on how to fix that. He said he completely stopped the fans and the sound still happens?

4 minutes ago, Daniel_1104 said:

I managed to troubleshoot the crashing issue, it was a bug with total war and 10 series Gpu’s, the rest of the games work fine. It’s just the noise if you know anything on how to fix that. He said he completely stopped the fans and the sound still happens?

Glad the bug was corrected. I don't hear any noise other than the fans spinning, so I can't help there

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

13 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Glad the bug was corrected. I don't hear any noise other than the fans spinning, so I can't help there

From how he’s describing it, it sounds like loud coil whine. I never had this issue with the video card, i’m just offering him £20 back as a refund, so hopefully I don’t have to deal with any ebay issues