Looking to buy used stax sr80

GOJIRA229
10 minutes ago, GOJIRA229 said:

Can someone sell me some or help me find some

I would really discourage you from buying old used stax. from some further research its seems stax lose foam integrity  the pads  and electret coating over time as well. stax are expensive for a reason I think you would be getting better sound quality sticking to just buying planar's and dynamics for now electrostats are vcool to have in a collection but it seems to not be the best idea to try to buy vintage ones but if they are cheap enough they might be fuin just to mess around with and get them working.

Just now, rice guru said:

I would really discourage you from buying old used stax. from some further research its seems stax lose foam integrity  the pads  and electret coating over time as well. stax are expensive for a reason I think you would be getting better sound quality sticking to just buying planar's and dynamics for now electrostats are vcool to have in a collection but it seems to not be the best idea to try to buy vintage ones 

Are there any companies that make cheap new electrostats 

personally I would save up and wait for used koss earspeakers to go on the market and used stax energizers to go with them cause the one the koss ones come with kinda suck

1 minute ago, GOJIRA229 said:

koss is the cheapest. there are IEMS that claim to be electrostat but I've heard nothing but mediocre to bd stuff about them

I would encourage you to not feel the need to egt electrostas in the collection most audiophiles tend to buy them as end game purchases

I would encourage you to not feel the need to egt electrostas in the collection most audiophiles tend to buy them as end game purchases

I will look for some used Koss electrostats if not just get some he400i and a pair of Sennheiser ovations 

if your looking at vintage senns the hd 580 is pretty great as well

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

if your looking at vintage senns the hd 580 is pretty great as well

The old 580 is 160 where I can find and is a little too expensive 

18 minutes ago, GOJIRA229 said:

Why u want electrostats so much? Even if u find a cheap decent pair energizers alone will take you down the hole.

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

Why u want electrostats so much? Even if u find a cheap decent pair energizers alone will take you down the hole.

What hole

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

Hole of spending money

It’s ok whatever I find I can usually find the same thing 100$ cheaper after a couple days

It’s ok whatever I find I can usually find the same thing 100$ cheaper after a couple days

Dynamic headphones and sometimes planar's are ok to cheap out on but Stax or just straight up electrostats are a easy way to waste money cheaping out on. It may seem attractive but I would hesitate. You have a great stack I would just save your money for something that actually warrants that power and quality. 

Dynamic headphones and sometimes planar's are ok to cheap out on but Stax or just straight up electrostats are a easy way to waste money cheaping out on. It may seem attractive but I would hesitate. You have a great stack I would just save your money for something that actually warrants that power and quality. 

Ok I’ll wait till my birthday to get more money for some electrostats that are new btw do you know of any good sub 100$ closed backs

Just now, GOJIRA229 said:

Ok I’ll wait till my birthday to get more money for some electrostats that are new btw do you know of any good sub 100$ closed backs

since you like the used market dt 770 250 ohms are great

7 minutes ago, rice guru said:

since you like the used market dt 770 250 ohms are great

What about 600 ohm 770

What about 600 ohm 770

those are pretty rare and pretty nice as well rule of thumb with beyers the higher the impedance generally the better

6 minutes ago, rice guru said:

those are pretty rare and pretty nice as well rule of thumb with beyers the higher the impedance generally the better

What about vintage beyers the only ones I’ve seen is a dt 900 600ohm

2 minutes ago, GOJIRA229 said:

What about vintage beyers the only ones I’ve seen is a dt 900 600ohm

I imagine they would be good Beyers haven't changed much since the 80s but the padding deteriorates over time I've seen some pretty nasty pairs

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I imagine they would be good Beyers haven't changed much since the 80s but the padding deteriorates over time I've seen some pretty nasty pairs

Here look for yourself https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyer-Dynamic-Beyerdynamic-DT900-Stereo-Headphones-600-ohms-DT-900-Germany-005/293938182244?hash=item447014b864:g:6HcAAOSwUxhexezH

7 minutes ago, GOJIRA229 said:

Oh I though t you were talking about the 990. I would not. the 9 series of any beyer is not known to be pleasant to the ears. 

Oh I though t you were talking about the 990. I would not. the 9 series of any beyer is not known to be pleasant to the ears. 

Yeah they look like a solid piece of rubber 

if you want to klect good cheap shit the koss ksc 75, koss prota pro and koss kph 30i all new all cheap all worth the price.