Prime 360M-A BSOD problem when online.

Eric Kazer

I don't know if anyone else had or has this problem.

The only thing I did differently after building this computer is connect the ethernet cable to network. Out of the blue when I was online BSOD. 

I read forums,

It seems that the driver I acquired from Microsoft or one that is preinstalled with 20H2 was causing BSODs to happen at random.  I updated the driver. Also I disabled XMP. I figure that one or the other is causing blue screens to happen. I have not had BSOD since updating the LAN driver, but I have not re enabled XMP.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Specs are:

Asus B360M-A

I5-9500

16GB Ripjaws memory 3200 that should be capped at 2666 with XMP enabled

GTX 1660

Asus Xonar DX7.1 Sound card

HP card reader

HX 850 PSU because I have it not because it needs it.

Noctua NH-U9S CPU Cooler

I did some thinking about the thing and realized that when I was testing the PC that I was using a Netgear Wi-Fi adapter Via USB 2.0 and nothing was happening with the issue at hand, Not one BSOD happend with XMP enabled. I have yet to see one after update from Asus web sight.

I hope this helps anyone with trouble.

DRV_LAN_Realtek_19H1_SZ_TSD_W10_64_VER10355102019_20190801R.zip

Coincidence is not causality.  Have you tested your ram?  PSU problem seems unlikely with something that big.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Ya,

I have not seen any BSODs after updating driver. Something weird, audio starts late but i synced on Youtube that's only when I first power on computer. See what happens when I Trimm drive.

I guess that driver was it. I'm surprised that a stupid driver would cause a problem like that. I had to goto other forums randomly to find that the outdated driver that probably came from Microsoft was the issue. After building the thing I was using my Netgear WiFi adapter, and that is most likely why is was not blue screening at first.

The lesson here is never trust a legacy driver. Asus support and driver had a driver that worked and was up to date.  

Had PC on for hours watching Youtube and no BSOD. Stable. Stable with XMP enabled afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...