Best way to remove static from mics?

MrAxe

Tied front and back ports and it's the same on multiple headsets but I can minimise it by using discords noise reduction software and turning it down in volume... 

Would a sound card help? Don't really wanna use a mic because it's bulky and I don't have a big desk or alot of money to work with since I was fired from my bistro. 

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case

Something that'll help is grounding the PC if isn't.

1 minute ago, fuzz0r said:

Something that'll help is grounding the PC if isn't.

Like? It should be grounded from the psu right? 

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case

Just now, MrAxe said:

Like? It should be grounded from the psu right? 

Correct.

Just now, fuzz0r said:

Correct

Short of ground the io with a big and sketchy system... I don't see how I can do much more for it! 

Aren't you always gonna have static due to electricity going through the power line in the board and going through the metal io into the metal shield? 

6 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

Short of ground the io with a big and sketchy system... I don't see how I can do much more for it! 

Aren't you always gonna have static due to electricity going through the power line in the board and going through the metal io into the metal shield? 

I don't know if it's possible to completely eliminate it.

My PC's grounded and am running a DAC, there's still a tiny bit of static when I turn the volume up or down.

13 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

A DAC will help. Such as the "cheap", since I don't know your budget, sound blaster G3 that has got input for mic and it has great software with funny voice changers if that makes any difference xD. Anyways. It has better output for headphones than your onboard DAC/amp on your mobo.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)