External drive disconnects after a while

Some useful information:

Drive enclosure: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07N48N5GR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 7390

Hello

I study Applied Information Technology and I use external storage to store my VMs. Here is my problem: When I am working on my VM in Hyper V, my VM crashes after some time due to the drive disconnecting. Has anyone experienced something similar and have a solution to this problem? 

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

William Coenen

2 minutes ago, WilliamCoenen said:

Some useful information:

Drive enclosure: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07N48N5GR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 7390

Hello

I study Applied Information Technology and I use external storage to store my VMs. Here is my problem: When I am working on my VM in Hyper V, my VM crashes after some time due to the drive disconnecting. Has anyone experienced something similar and have a solution to this problem? 

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

William Coenen

I am unsure but you could try to go into windows settings --> power options --> advanced power options --> HDD disconnection is default set at 20 minutes, set that to never

Try again after maybe this will fix it

4 minutes ago, Panoramix97 said:

I am unsure but you could try to go into windows settings --> power options --> advanced power options --> HDD disconnection is default set at 20 minutes, set that to never

Try again after maybe this will fix it

Thank you for your reply but I don't see any options like that. I will add some screenshots. Also I have my laptop plugged in and my power mode set to best performance

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (25).png

Screenshot (26).png

Screenshot (27).png