I need some suggestions [OPEN TO OTHER GENRES]

MyLittleFella

EDIT: I think it's time to try something new, so I'm open to different game genres.

Hello everyone. I've been playing racing games my whole life basically. I went through the entire NFS saga, from "The Need for Speed" to "Heat" (including Shift), Gran Turismo, Forza, The Crew, Colin McRae/Dirt, Grid, FlatOut, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Wreckfest, Driver, Destruction Derby, Midnight Club, CarX Drift and a lot more. I went out of ideas. Can anybody help me find a good racing game? I pretty much got bored of playing all of these titles already. Currently I only own a gaming PC.

So, any ideas?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

Grand theft auto has guns. 

Idk if that is something you'd be interested in. 

I'm guessing you played forza motorsport and forza horizon series. 

There's also wipeout which may be a playstation exclusive but emulation is a thing and I think playstation now is a streaming service they offer for playstation games if I'm not mistaken. 

It seems like you've played more Racing Games than I can name.

At this point, most of your options are action games with cars in them, rather than dedicated racing games.

I may have missed it, but you might want to try Asphalt 9. I know you can get it on Nintendo Switch and Mobile, but I'm not sure about other platforms.

It does have a different feel than the other games, prioritizing Drag Race/ Fast and Furious type races rather than your standard race-track style races.

But, it does feel a little like a mobile game (because it is available on mobile). Cars have individual 'fuel gauges,' which is a fancy way of saying you can use a certain car five times before you have to wait for it to be refueled.

Personally, I have a blast playing it, but it isn't exactly the type of game to 'scratch your Forza itch'

Best racing game was BLUR beta. Sadly it was never released. The final game had nothing to do with the beta lol. 

So, yeah, idk I think racing games are over. It's very tedious, always the same running in circles with terrible AI... 

I hear FORZA is great but I played the 2nd and 3rd, was not impressed. 

Project Gotham City (iirc) is one of the best racing games ever though, so if you can find that... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

What are you looking from racing games? Most of what you have played are single player with AI proving probably good to mediocre experience. Are you perhaps looking more challenge? Are you into more simulation or arcade style?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There's R-Factor, I-Racing, and RaceRoom (which is free on Steam), for the more hardcore sim racer. 

There's the obvious sim-cade stuff like Project Cars (1 to 3) and Grid.

I enjoyed Onrush, there's TrackMania, Burnout Paradise, and then stuff like Wreckfest, Crossout, which have a Motorstorm vibe with weapons and upgrade trees...though they are vehicle based combat in reality - so not much actual racing.

Really, it depends on if you have a wheel, if you want online or offline, if you want something very realistic or more pick up and play. 

Also atv off road fury. 

8 hours ago, MesZa said:

I may have missed it, but you might want to try Asphalt 9. I know you can get it on Nintendo Switch and Mobile, but I'm not sure about other platforms.

There's a version for Windows PC on the Windows Store as well, I think I'm gonna give it a try

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Project Gotham City

Interesting, I'll look it up. Thank you!

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

What are you looking from racing games? Most of what you have played are single player with AI proving probably good to mediocre experience. Are you perhaps looking more challenge? Are you into more simulation or arcade style?

To  be honest? Arcade. Sim is great, but I only have a Xbox controller and it doesn't make too much sense playing Sim games on it. Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally are really tricky games when it comesto handling/control of the car.

3 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

There's R-Factor, I-Racing, and RaceRoom (which is free on Steam), for the more hardcore sim racer. 

I enjoyed Onrush, there's TrackMania, Burnout Paradise, and then stuff like Wreckfest, Crossout, which have a Motorstorm vibe with weapons and upgrade trees...though they are vehicle based combat in reality - so not much actual racing.

Really, it depends on if you have a wheel, if you want online or offline, if you want something very realistic or more pick up and play. 

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm gonna look 'em up. Btw, I'm trying to find something more Arcade like, since I have no Wheel, but a Xbox Controller only.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

28 minutes ago, MyLittleFella said:

To  be honest? Arcade. Sim is great, but I only have a Xbox controller and it doesn't make too much sense playing Sim games on it. Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally are really tricky games when it comesto handling/control of the car.

I would second Trackmania series. The Trackmania Nations Forever has pretty much unlimited amount of usermade tracks. And online multiplayer.

PS. Merged some of your replies. Please use multiquote feature when replying to multiple people. Its the first icon with 2 arrow and plus sign.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

I would second Trackmania series.

I was thinking of this to suggest but forgot the name. 

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

New titles... Titanfall 2 can be fast paced. 

Halo has a lot of car levels. The master chief collection even has a level playlist for every level where you drive the car and skips the rest.