Looking for a new Keyboard

NTDaws

Looking for a new Keyboard and I'd like people's recommendations.

The keyboard needs to have:

-MX Blue Switches

-Wireless

-Would be nice if it had a number pad

-RGB would be nice but not a requirement. 

Thanks!

The geek himself.

There are almost no options for fullsize wireless boards. Also, anything wireless with RGB will drain battery very fast, you'll have to charge it often which kind of defeats the point of something wireless. I would also consider some Kailh BOX clickies (white, jade, navy, etc) instead of something click-jacket based like MX Blue; the click is much more satisfying and crisp.

So keeping those things in mind, I'd consider a GMMK fullsize with BOX White.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

31 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

There are almost no options for fullsize wireless boards. Also, anything wireless with RGB will drain battery very fast, you'll have to charge it often which kind of defeats the point of something wireless. I would also consider some Kailh BOX clickies (white, jade, navy, etc) instead of something click-jacket based like MX Blue; the click is much more satisfying and crisp.

So keeping those things in mind, I'd consider a GMMK fullsize with BOX White.

What about keychron, are they a good manufacturer?

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

What about keychron, are they a good manufacturer?

They're quite good if you insist on something wireless. Keep in mind their metal boards are just a metal frame around the sides, not a full metal case. It's mostly plastic lol.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

On 1/1/2021 at 7:10 PM, Dawson Wehage said:

Looking for a new Keyboard and I'd like people's recommendations.

The keyboard needs to have:

-MX Blue Switches

-Wireless

-Would be nice if it had a number pad

-RGB would be nice but not a requirement. 

Thanks!

If you go with blue switches, the general consensus is that you 100% want cherry blues.  For brown switches, it's more up to personal preference what brand switches are best.  

I have an RK Royal Kludge brown key keyboard.  It lacks a numberpad, which you may not like.  However it has both a wired and wireless mode, meaning when wired by USB C you get the latency of a wired keyboard, but you still have the option of going wireless.  It also has decent RGB, which can be turned off when you go wireless.  

It's not a known brand, but I've found it to be a pretty impressive set of features for the 50-60$ price point.  

Read through reviews, and there are some other gems like this one to be found. 

Not an expert
Ryzen3600  | Aorus 5700XT  | Aorus B550 Elite 
Coolermaster ML240L AIO
G.Skill RipjawsV3600  | PNY XLR8 1TB NVMe 3.0
Westinghouse 3440x1440 ultrawide

2x post

Not an expert
Ryzen3600  | Aorus 5700XT  | Aorus B550 Elite 
Coolermaster ML240L AIO
G.Skill RipjawsV3600  | PNY XLR8 1TB NVMe 3.0
Westinghouse 3440x1440 ultrawide