Fans Running At Full Speed

highlandcar

Fans running at full speed all the time what is the fix even when pc is at idle and temps are low 

I'm using a Cooler Master MASTERBOX Q300L with the stock fans and I have a asrock h310cm-hdv/m.2 anyway this can be fixed?

4 minutes ago, highlandcar said:

Fans running at full speed all the time what is the fix even when pc is at idle and temps are low 

I'm using a Cooler Master MASTERBOX Q300L with the stock fans and I have a asrock h310cm-hdv/m.2 anyway this can be fixed?

Yes, you want to go into bios to adjust the fan curves. You can set certain target temperatures that define at which time the fans will speed up in which amount. Also check with ASRock, there may be a tool you can use in windows without having to restart every time you want to make and adjustment.

Just now, Applefreak said:

Yes, you want to go into bios to adjust the fan curves. You can set certain target temperatures that define at which time the fans will speed up in which amount. Also check with ASRock, there may be a tool you can use in windows without having to restart every time you want to make and adjustment.

All right thank you ima check that out

8 hours ago, Applefreak said:

So quick question how should I setup these settings there was one about should the fan monitor cpu or motherboard then there were multiple with percentages for different temps I believe what should I have the stuff at?

On 1/1/2021 at 12:33 PM, highlandcar said:

So quick question how should I setup these settings there was one about should the fan monitor cpu or motherboard then there were multiple with percentages for different temps I believe what should I have the stuff at?

It can take some experimentation to find curves that you like. The default fan curves should be fine. Are you using default motherboard settings?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.