Switched cases and switched coolers, now whenever I try to play a game, my computer freezes

JustinP
Go to solution Solved by JustinP,

I have fixed the problem, see, with the case im using, there arent any drive trays, so i was forced to put them in their as best i could. And in my infinite stupidity, one of my hard drives were titled, that hard drive has my OS on it as I haven't migrated it to the SSD yet. I straightened out the drive by putting card board under it to keep it level. Thank you!

I got a new case and hyper 212 black edition, so I swapped out my cooler and switched cases, now whenever I try to play a game, my computer freezes, as in, whatever audio was playing, it starts a buzzing noise, and computer is unresponsive, causing me to have to hold down the power button. I have tried everything I have found online and nothing has worked. The temps are around 60c or so during cinebench.

My Specs: 

Ryzen 5 3600

AMD Red Devil rx 5600xt

MSI Gaming Plus Max B450

2x8gb Crucial Ballistix 2666mhz

2x1tb hard drives

1x250gb samsung ssd

Hyper 212 Black Edition 

Musetex Phantom Black Case 907-W6

Thermaltake smart 600w psu

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Did you apply thermal paste to the CPU?

Is the mounting pressure correct? Most be firm and even. Tightened in a cross pattern.

Are the fans orientated correctly? In one side, out another. Not all out or in.

3 fans in, and 3 fans out, ill remount the cpu cooler to make sure

So i’ve remounted the cpu cooler and now im having a different problem, the ez debug led is on dram, so i took out a stick and moved the other one to a different dimm and it went away, but moved to vga, nothing different has changed for the graphics card so i dont know whats causing this issue

Okay, so i moved my gpu to my second pcie x16 slot and got my pc to boot to windows, when i did a cinebench, it froze like before, nothing new with a cpu cooler remount. 

Also, if i hit my desk a little, my computer restarts. 

Sounds like you to have bad electrical connection somewhere.

Try and remount the gpu and ram again, and again use a firm amount of pressure.

Also check all your wires. One of them might be loose. Check both the 24 pin for the motherboard and the 8 pin for the cpu. Both on the motherboard and on the psu.

I have fixed the problem, see, with the case im using, there arent any drive trays, so i was forced to put them in their as best i could. And in my infinite stupidity, one of my hard drives were titled, that hard drive has my OS on it as I haven't migrated it to the SSD yet. I straightened out the drive by putting card board under it to keep it level. Thank you!