Which monitor would YOU upgrade first?

Ergroilnin

Which monitor? (described in the post)  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which monitor? (described in the post)

• Main one
    • Second one

Hello,

so i am just wondering about getting well... Not exactly second opinions, since everyone has their own, but I am kind of 50/50 personally so hearing your own opinions on what and why would you do could help me decide for myself easier.

It is the end of the year and due to overtime and normal boni, I will be getting some extra money that right now I do not need to save (and actually would like to spend on myself as a gift for working hard).

Right now, I am using about 2 years old 32" 144Hz QLED VA QHD curved as a main monitor and almost 8 years old 21.5" TN 60 Hz AOC as a secondary.

In the future I want to go IPS on both monitors and actually downsize the main one to 27/28", while on the other side upsizing the second one to 25-27".

The thing is... both of the monitors are still serving me well decently enough (even though I can start telling that the secondary monitor is getting old by now and the main was damaged by my stupid oneself spilling some coke one day and getting two vertical lines of 50/50 faulty pixels 24/7.)

The quality of the main monitor and my most common usage makes it so that those vertical lines are not that big of a problem which is why I am 50/50 on this more or less.

What I want my future upraded monitor combo be is QHD 120+ hz IPS for the main monitor for gaming and common usage and the second 4k 60hz IPS for movies and so on.

Since I have been using different refresh rates next to each other for 2 years now, I can totally see the difference between the refresh rates which is why I am pretty much set on that already.

Mind you, I am not a triple A player and smoothness of gameplay in older games wins over stuff like ultra quality (I am using a 1060 6GB zotac, which is actually serving totally fine from what I am expecting of that kind of card, not to mention that upgrading it in a year and some will give me a significant upgrade over that and I am fine with waiting for that. Just some info for setting a bar about games I play and my expectations.)

My budget is about 400 euros give or take for the monitor.

So if you think of yourself in my shoes as explained above, what would you personally do and are there any crucial points about that decision?).

Also what could be a thing to consider is that other monitor could be upgraded in about 4 to 6 months at about the same price range (while saving money each month).

PS. just to make sure, I am totally uninterested in ultra wides, which while do look sweet, would not cater to any of my usecases and the games I am playing would not be able to take use of them for the most part anyway).

Sorry for the wall of text and thank you for taking your time for reading this and replying!