Headphone recommendations?

Aree Soothsayer

I pulled out my headphones and found age had done a number on them since I had last used them. When I went to look there were so many options but I'm not into headphones like I am in computers. So could some soundphiles give me some <100$ options? If it's under 50$ would be even easier on my lil wallet.

This for gaming or for music mainly?. If for music what genres do you listen to?

without any considers, the secondhand HD598 might be a good choice, easy to drive and good at many ways

6 hours ago, Kiame said:

without any considers, the secondhand HD598 might be a good choice, easy to drive and good at many ways

Depends on what your driving them with. They sound horrendous out of a phone but anything laptop and up can drive them fine 

I hope you paid for that bread.

Gaming, Music, Movies. I enjoy my sound.

Edit: Most of the 598's are priced above my max. =(

$50 or less the akg k240 , Koss ksc 75, Koss kph30is are pretty good. $50 or more shp9500s , sivga sv007, takstar pro 82, cooler master mh751/752, Sennheiser HD 559

• 2 weeks later...

Digging up my post for some more help.

Instead of having it's own plug it has a 3.5mm port to plug stuff into. I would love to have a 3.5 to usb 2.0 cable to connect to my pc. Is that a viable thing? My amazon searches are coming up dry on such things, usually data transference stuff.

27 minutes ago, Aree Soothsayer said:

Digging up my post for some more help.

Instead of having it's own plug it has a 3.5mm port to plug stuff into. I would love to have a 3.5 to usb 2.0 cable to connect to my pc. Is that a viable thing? My amazon searches are coming up dry on such things, usually data transference stuff.

thats just a simle dongle dac if you dont want to spend too much a creative labs play!3 should be fine

Lucked out, ran across someone in my town selling the Live650Bt and snagged it. Box open but barely used.

Edit: Okay, can anyone who reads this tell me what size the headphones takes? The "Aux Cord" is all I can find about it and while one end is 3.5mm the other is smaller. I think it's 2.5mm but not gonna waste money buying the wrong size.