If the case fans aren't on "smartfan" mode like the cpu is do they still speed up with temp increases?

nelska

So my cpu has a fan curve. and the case fans have the option as well. currently i have my casefans on smartfan mode as well meaning it does the fan curve just as the cpu would. but if i turned them off smartfan mode would they just run at 60% ALL THE TIME no matter what or would they eventually increase if temperatures got wildly too high? If they did what's the point of calling two modes smartfan or not.. I'm guessing the curve goes instantly faster? and the other power does jumps in speed every 20% or so?

whats the difference here?

I also have them both set to PWM.

With smartfan enabled it will adapt the curve to your CPU temp.

With it being disabled it will ALWAYS stay at the set PWM signal.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann said:

With smartfan enabled it will adapt the curve to your CPU temp.

With it being disabled it will ALWAYS stay at the set PWM signal.

ohh ok so it essentially its like turn all the fans into cpu fans.

1 minute ago, nelska said:

ohh ok so it essentially its like turn all the fans into cpu fans.

Basically, yes.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann said:

Basically, yes.

so i guess thats a good thing. they are so loud and fast with them off. the cpu runs at like 600rpm and the case fans run at like 1650 unless smartfan pwm then 1300 a lil better. one or the other i cant remember which slows them down

1 minute ago, nelska said:

so i guess thats a good thing. they are so loud and fast with them off. the cpu runs at like 600rpm and the case fans run at like 1650 unless smartfan pwm then 1300 a lil better. one or the other i cant remember which slows them down

You should be able to adjust the speed even with smart mode disabled. They'll just stay at the lower speeds then, even if you CPU would be overheating for example. You can still adjust them in smart mode to stay quieter and only ramp up when the CPU reaches critical temps, like getting close to 90°C for example.