Need Help Upgrading my first build.

Thobis27

Budget (including currency): 800-875€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Apex Legends, Rocket League, Cyberpunk, Popular fps titles like cod, overwatch, etc. with high settings, high fps (preferably 144hz) at 1080p 

Other details

My Build right now:

Cpu:Ryzen 2600 with Stock cooler

Gpu-Gigabyte rx590

Mobo- Asrock b450m Pro4

Storage- 1tb hdd

250gb ssd

Ram- 2x8gb aegis 3000

Cooling-5  Case fans

Case-Corsair 4000d Airflow(i just upgraded that from a cooler master 3.1 lite)

Psu- Corsair Cx550m

Im looking into maybe upgrading to (i would like to have some advice here):

Ryzen 3600 (if there isnt another option, I would wait until they are cheaper again)

rtx 3060ti (Hopefully an FE, I think i would wait till the bots calmed down unti theyll be available again)

Either a B450 Steel Legend or Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming Motherboard (here im not sure if going B550 is a huge diff. and if so, which to get bc. they are more expensive)

Maybe a Crucial p1 1tb (they are pretty cheap right now)

and later on i would get faster ram

Also Im not sure if i would need to upgrade my psu as well.

I want to upgrade my pc because it is pretty loud even after adding 3 more fans, and it would give me blacks screens every now and then, where i would have to perform a hard reset, which isnt fun.

Also i want better performance, I built this buildthinking i can upgrade it later when i can.

I appreciate any help.

6 minutes ago, Thobis27 said:

Budget (including currency): 800-875€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Apex Legends, Rocket League, Cyberpunk, Popular fps titles like cod, overwatch, etc. with high settings, high fps (preferably 144hz) at 1080p 

Other details

My Build right now:

Cpu:Ryzen 2600 with Stock cooler

Gpu-Gigabyte rx590

Mobo- Asrock b450m Pro4

Storage- 1tb hdd

250gb ssd

Ram- 2x8gb aegis 3000

Cooling-5  Case fans

Case-Corsair 4000d Airflow(i just upgraded that from a cooler master 3.1 lite)

Psu- Corsair Cx550m

My Pc is pretty loud even after adding 3 more fans.

Im looking into maybe upgrading to (i would like to have some advice here):

Ryzen 3600 (if there isnt another option, I would wait until they are cheaper again)

rtx 3060ti (Hopefully an FE, I think i would wait till the bots calmed down unti theyll be available again)

Either a B450 Steel Legend or Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming Motherboard (here im not sure if going B550 is a huge diff. and if so, which to get bc. they are more expensive)

Maybe a Crucial p1 1tb (they are pretty cheap right now)

and later on i would get faster ram

Also Im not sure if i would need to upgrade my psu as well.

I appreciate any help.

If you are going for a ryzen 5 3600, you wouldn't even need to upgrade your motherboard. You probably want to get a 600W PSU for the 3060ti because nvidias recommendations actually make sense this time. Maybe, if you are willing, wait for a ryzen 5 5600 and then get that? you would have to update your bios, but then again you may have to do that for the ryzen 5 3600

5 minutes ago, Thobis27 said:

Not that significant, wait for 5600x to come down in price or don't upgrade at all

6 minutes ago, Thobis27 said:

Not at all an upgrade over what you have already. Literally no point in upgrading motherboard in your case.

7 minutes ago, Thobis27 said:

later on i would get faster ram

Only if you upgrade cpu, the 2600 can't run ram much faster than 3000-3200.

In conclusion, i'd keep most of it and only upgrade gpu, maybe to a 3070.

Get a good air cooler to lower noise. Gelid phantom is cheap in germany and excellent.

Wait until you have budget for a 5600x and 3600c16 ram. No need to change motherboard even for that.

4 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Not that significant, wait for 5600x to come down in price or don't upgrade at all

Not at all an upgrade over what you have already. Literally no point in upgrading motherboard in your case.

Only if you upgrade cpu, the 2600 can't run ram much faster than 3000-3200.

In conclusion, i'd keep most of it and only upgrade gpu, maybe to a 3070.

Get a good air cooler to lower noise. Gelid phantom is cheap in germany and excellent.

Wait until you have budget for a 5600x and 3600c16 ram. No need to change motherboard even for that.

What he said just upgrade your graphic card to 3070 if you can that's where you will see most of your fps gains

Thank you guys! I much appreciate your help! I still do have one question though. Does the black screen have to do with the motherboard or the gpu? I've heard that the amd GPU's have black screen problems but I'm not to sure. Also can my motherboard handle 3600 c16 ram?

12 hours ago, boggy77 said:

In conclusion, i'd keep most of it and only upgrade gpu, maybe to a 3070

Is there such a big difference between the 3060ti and 3070. Do I get the FE version because of lower prices? The 3070 is my whole budget right now.

12 hours ago, boggy77 said:

At what price is it a good idea to buy( they are 399€ right now)? Also can I use stock cooler or do I buy one (is it a good idea to get an aio cooler)? Additionally, do I need to flash bios in order to make it compatible with the CPU? 

1 hour ago, Thobis27 said:

Is there such a big difference between the 3060ti and 3070. Do I get the FE version because of lower prices? The 3070 is my whole budget right now.

Yes there is a big difference and I'd say it's worth it. Doesn't really matter what model you get. Whatever is cheaper and in stock.

At what price is it a good idea to buy( they are 399€ right now)?

I'd say 300-320 max

Also can I use stock cooler or do I buy one (is it a good idea to get an aio cooler)?

I'd get the cooler i recommended (gelid phantom) even now for your current cpu to help with noise. I don't think an aio is worth it.

Additionally, do I need to flash bios in order to make it compatible with the CPU? 

Yes, just update bios when you have your new cpu

Thank you for your info, much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

Yes there is a big difference and I'd say it's worth it. Doesn't really matter what model you get. Whatever is cheaper and in stock.

I'd say 300-320 max

I'd get the cooler i recommended (gelid phantom) even now for your current cpu to help with noise. I don't think an aio is worth it.

Yes, just update bios when you have your new cpu

One last thing, if i went 5600x and 3070 do i need to upgrade my psu? If so which one? 650w? Also is it a good idea to buy the crucial p1 for 77 bucks?

One last thing, if i went 5600x and 3070 do i need to upgrade my psu? If so which one? 650w? Also is it a good idea to buy the crucial p1 for 77 bucks?