I have a stupid question......

GLN0781

Got a stupid question....

the Dell Precision T5500 uses a Intel LGA1366 type B socket I’m curious if that’s a proprietary socket....Dell is notorious for using proprietary tech in the past. Will a Standard LGA 1366 heat sink with fan fit from like cooler master or some other brand on Newegg fit? It has enormous front fans and cooling channels inside I know, I just don’t like the idea of fan-less cpu heat sinks

I would assume a standard heatsink would fit, yeah. Afaik the layout and spacing of the holes used for attaching a cooler are part of the socket standard (so it'll be the same for all 1366 boards).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

15 minutes ago, GLN0781 said:

Got a stupid question....

the Dell Precision T5500 uses a Intel LGA1366 type B socket I’m curious if that’s a proprietary socket....Dell is notorious for using proprietary tech in the past. Will a Standard LGA 1366 heat sink with fan fit from like cooler master or some other brand on Newegg fit? It has enormous front fans and cooling channels inside I know, I just don’t like the idea of fan-less cpu heat sinks

The socket is standard intel and the holes should line up with normal intel LGA 1366 heatsinks. From what I can remember, I might be wrong though, Dell did remove the intel retention plate in the back for their own solution. If that is the case, you would need a cooler that comes with it's own retention plate. Again, not absolutely sure on that one, has been a while since I had a socket 1366 Dell to fix.

-> Moved to Cooling

Also Dell uses their own connections to fans. So you really need to check all the things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv