Shift-Enter for submit edit doesn't work

pythonmegapixel
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,
1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

What did you expect to happen? Pressing Shift+Enter would submit the edit, the same as when making a new thread or a new reply to a thread

Shift + Enter does not submit the post. It will start a new line.

CTRL + Enter submits the post. It works for both new posts and for editing existing posts.

Browser, version and OS: Firefox 82, Ubuntu 18.04 (oops, looks like Firefox is a bit out of date, better update it, but I digress)

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened? Editing a post, pressed Shift+Enter

What happened? A new line was inserted in the post.

What did you expect to happen? Pressing Shift+Enter would submit the edit, the same as when making a new thread or a new reply to a thread

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

CTRL + Enter submits the post. It works for both new posts and for editing existing posts.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

*facepalm*

Yes, you're absolutely right. I'm an idiot...

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

i've never known shift+enter to submit posts on any website or app. Generally shift+enter adds a new line when enter by itself is send.

ctrl+enter is how it's always been here since i've been around

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒