Wireless Mouse, wired? and lifetime

Quackers101

Is it that hard to have wires for a wireless mouses? to get the best of both worlds, and to become a standard with a good cable port. even seen the cheap options include everything, while the expensive ones might just use a dongle and sometimes with horrible designs that might not last long.

Ever had a gaming mouse double click? (something LG's switches or other brand, had such a problem at some point or still is?)

Ever had a gaming mouse with scrollwheel issues?

Annoying RGB setup?
DC's at times?

Way earlier than some cheaper or more standard designed mouse with a good sensor.

I don't get what you're asking here so I'll just address your claims. For reference, I have used a G403 for the last 4 years now.

15 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Ever had a gaming mouse double click?

No, and all the people I see complaining about double clicking are people who abuse the fuck out of their mice so it's expected they'll develop hardware problems. I've used my G403 daily for several years now and have absolutely no problems because I don't mash my buttons like an idiot.

16 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Ever had a gaming mouse with scrollwheel issues?

No, read above, same concept imo.

16 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Annoying RGB setup?

No, because I turn it off. At least that is fairly simple, so I'd assume changing colour and shit is also easy.

17 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

DC's at times?

Assuming you mean disconnects, I have not had a single latency problem, much less a random disconnect, in the 4 years I've owned this mouse. Modern wireless tech is very, very good. You won't have problems.

19 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Is it that hard to have wires for a wireless mouses?

No, my G403 works great as a wired mouse when plugged in, but as we aren't living in the stone ages anymore I use it wireless all the time (except for when I charge it overnight once a week).

19 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

to get the best of both worlds, and to become a standard with a good cable port.

Not sure what good there is to having a wired mouse. Latency is not a problem, some wireless mice even perform better than wired ones, and you have to charge it once a week at most. Really not a big deal, I'd take those disadvantages over being dragged down by a cable in a heartbeat.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

For reference, I have used a G403 for the last 4 years now.

No, and all the people I see complaining about double clicking are people who abuse the fuck out of their mice so it's expected they'll develop hardware problems. I've used my G403 daily for several years now and have absolutely no problems because I don't mash my buttons like an idiot.

Assuming you mean disconnects, I have not had a single latency problem, much less a random disconnect, in the 4 years I've owned this mouse. Modern wireless tech is very, very good. You won't have problems.

Nice to know about your experience with said mouse over such a "long" time.
I have not had problems with one of my mouses, but the second one I got had issues very early on with mouse clicks and used less than a year. (corsair mouse)
Old one I got in an ASUS in a complete package, cheap but could tackle a lot, maybe better repairable than my corsair mouse too.

About disconnects, I hear others have it and sometimes I have it at startup. Maybe not a mouse problem, heard something about the USB ports, don't know if that could actually be something. I don't doubt all that tech, seems nice enough. But I do wonder about all that conflict and never had such or heard much issues before with older tech except just a few.

7 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

No, my G403 works great as a wired mouse when plugged in, but as we aren't living in the stone ages anymore I use it wireless all the time (except for when I charge it overnight once a week).

Not sure what good there is to having a wired mouse. Latency is not a problem, some wireless mice even perform better than wired ones, and you have to charge it once a week at most. Really not a big deal, I'd take those disadvantages over being dragged down by a cable in a heartbeat.

If you live in a place that doesn't have batteries, or if it can be recharged that is nice. So long those batteries hold up too.
But yeah, having a wireless mouse sounds great, although over here it can be more expensive for the same features.

Just now, Quackers101 said:

About disconnects, I hear others have it and sometimes I have it at startup. Maybe not a mouse problem, heard something about the USB ports, don't know if that could actually be something. I don't doubt all that tech, seems nice enough. But I do wonder about all that conflict and never had such or heard much issues before with older tech except just a few.

Bluetooth mice tend to have very aggressive power saving that will probably make it feel like they are disconnecting (if you let them sit for some time they will turn off and take a second or two of movement before they start working). I also wouldn't be surprised if Bluetooth mice did have actual disconnects while using them, but you don't want to use a Bluetooth mouse for gaming regardless of any potential disconnects (latency, among other things).

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

If you live in a place that doesn't have batteries, or if it can be recharged that is nice.

I'd say that if someone can use the mouse with a gaming PC they can plug it into a USB power source once a week (at most) or drop $5 on some AA.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Bluetooth mice tend to have very aggressive power saving that will probably make it feel like they are disconnecting (if you let them sit for some time they will turn off and take a second or two of movement before they start working). I also wouldn't be surprised if Bluetooth mice did have actual disconnects while using them, but you don't want to use a Bluetooth mouse for gaming regardless of any potential disconnects (latency, among other things).

yeah, but it can be nice to have the option for both. Something maybe LG supports more for as well?
For both that 2.4G and BT, wonder about how 5G would do for these things likely would need an extension like with bluetooth devices?

yeah, but it can be nice to have the option for both. Something maybe LG supports more for as well?

A lot of mice have options for both, the MX Master series is the first that comes to mind.

For both that 2.4G and BT, wonder about how 5G would do for these things likely would need an extension like with bluetooth devices?

Bit hard to understand what you're saying, sorry. If you're asking whether 5G would increase range, I doubt it. 2.4G travels better through walls and can travel a further distance too iirc.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈