Is this damaged or just stick pixels?

My mum ordered me a monitor! But in my house we don't really do Christmas day is the only day that you can see your presents! 

So I tested it and this mark is on it and it not that noticeable but abit... 

Also acer is stupid! They pack nitro monitors with vga cables but give these cheaper monitors hdmi 2.0 cables? Just why? 

IMG20201222160451.jpg

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case

Looks damaged to me, send it for replacement

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Looks damaged to me, send it for replacement

Will it get worse over time or just stay like this? Because if its just gonna be like this then I might wait abit before sending it off! It's not that bad or noticeable. 

Make my mum feel better if I don't bring it up right away and wait abit! 

16086544335847927946491065276382.jpg

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case

1 minute ago, MrAxe said:

Will it get worse over time or just stay like this? Because if its just gonna be like this then I might wait abit before sending it off! It's not that bad or noticeable. 

Make my mum feel better if I don't bring it up right away and wait abit! 

16086544335847927946491065276382.jpg

Is there a return window? Because Acer can be a bish to deal with, at least that's how it was for me

Try to do it within the return window, you don't want to deal with RMA with Acer

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Is there a return window? Because Acer can be a bish to deal with, at least that's how it was for me

Try to do it within the return window, you don't want to deal with RMA with Acer

i would always go through amazon and buy off amazon because of manufacturers being a issue! It will take like a month to get a replacement anjd the window is jan 31st on amazon.

do you think it will get worse? because this is just a third monitor for discord and forums, ao the dot isnt dealbreaking and if it stays like this then i cant see it from every angle.

3 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

you think it will get worse?

It's hard to say, probably not if you don't touch it

4 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

because this is just a third monitor for discord and forums, ao the dot isnt dealbreaking and if it stays like this then i cant see it from every angle.

If you're fine with it sure, but that could be a sign of underlying issues that might creep up as you use it, I wouldn't accept it personally but that's yours to decide

59 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

It's hard to say, probably not if you don't touch it

If you're fine with it sure, but that could be a sign of underlying issues that might creep up as you use it, I wouldn't accept it personally but that's yours to decide

Ok, ill contact them but usually these things take a month through amazon because it goes through their system then to asus to enquire then back to me them then asus... Finishing with me!

i tried putting pressure on it and it seems tp be the same.

Just now, MrAxe said:

Ok, ill contact them but usually these things take a month through amazon because it goes through their system then to asus to enquire then back to me them then asus... Finishing with me!

okay, but Asus?

Just now, Moonzy said:

okay, but Asus?

Meant acer sorry! Got a acer nitro, asus monitor and this one! Got confused while typing! In my expereince though acer is more hassle to contact than asus but more reasonable!

1 minute ago, MrAxe said:

In my expereince though acer is more hassle to contact than asus but more reasonable!

-flashback to my 4 month of RMA-ing with Acer regarding my monitor, having to deal with incompetent "technician" who knew nothing about displays-

d69.jpg

good luck on your endeavor

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

-flashback to my 4 month of RMA-ing with Acer regarding my monitor, having to deal with incompetent "technician" who knew nothing about displays-

d69.jpg

good luck on your endeavor

Thanks, ill keep using it for now and see if it gets worse just encase they decide that its my problem! Not worth sticking it in the box to be sitting because my last RMA was with my brothers mobo with asus over arrival damage and they tried to blame me for breaking it when i filmed myself unboxing it... Love talking to manifacturers! Only ones that dont give me hassle are sapphire, evga and amd really.