Custom Pc Websites

R2D360
Go to solution Solved by Izaya Orihara,

Can you give me specifications for a desktop in the price range with the cards you selected just a guess

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3bkCN
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3bkCN/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 93.3 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: PNY XLR8 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($469.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital WD Green 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($83.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($659.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($659.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.80 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2738.70
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-17 04:47 EDT-0400)

A little over budget but i did that in order to fit the 1tb ssd. If you have more questions or you need more help pm me but now i have to go to university. 

i was thinking about buying a gaming laptop just wanted to know if the websites like XOTIC-PC And Cyberpower PC were any good

The two laptops that i had in mind were

1.ASUS G750JZ-DS71

2.Cyberpower Pc Fangbook Evo HX7-300

can somebody help me with the decision.

my budget is about 2500 to 2700 $

Honestly, now this is just personal preference and opinion, but I'd go with Asus. Its a trusted brand, and you know for a fact that it will work as intended out of the box. I always feel with places with Origin and Cyberpower its a bit of a gamble... Plus, Asus custom design their own chassis whereas cyberpower just use barebone ones. Thus, you're getting a much nicer fit and finish and overall quality with the Asus. If it were me, I'd go with Asus simply for the reliability. Knowing Asus, they have vigorously tested that specific laptop and ensured that each individual component works flawlessly with each other. Also, Asus's customer service is phenomenal, just sayin'...

Bottom line, I personally would go with Asus. It's up to you to decide, though. 

edit pay no attention to this message

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

xotic pc is great site to buy from friend of mine bought a sager from them

asus has really good laptops but you should also check clevo/sager laptops great thermals price and performance or also msi laptops theyre great too

take this one for example

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9377s-clevo-p377sma-eta-april-p-6981.html

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

I'm not trying to bash gaming laptops and notebooks, but the price/performance is not that fantastic and a similar priced desktop solution would be much better (and could be built by you, so you save even more $$.)

Is there a specific reason it has to be a laptop? The reason I ask this is because your budget is enough to allow for a VERY kickass desktop computer whereas that same money will get a high-end laptop that happens to perform the same as a medium-tier desktop build at best.

If a laptop is necessary, I would look at ASUS and MSI products, as you're basically guaranteed it works and they both have good customer service, so RMA-ing should not be too difficult should the product not work as intended.

i was thinking about buying a gaming laptop just wanted to know if the websites like XOTIC-PC And Cyberpower PC were any good

The two laptops that i had in mind were

1.ASUS G750JZ-DS71

2.Cyberpower Pc Fangbook Evo HX7-300

can somebody help me with the decision.

my budget is about 2500 to 2700 $

1. Maybe a Razer Blade 14? (the new one?) 2. Or a desktop. You can have a 780ti sli for that price. 

1. Maybe a Razer Blade 14? (the new one?) 2. Or a desktop. You can have a 780ti sli for that price. 

Can you give me specifications for a desktop in the price range with the cards you selected just a guess

I'm not trying to bash gaming laptops and notebooks, but the price/performance is not that fantastic and a similar priced desktop solution would be much better (and could be built by you, so you save even more $$.)

Is there a specific reason it has to be a laptop? The reason I ask this is because your budget is enough to allow for a VERY kickass desktop computer whereas that same money will get a high-end laptop that happens to perform the same as a medium-tier desktop build at best.

If a laptop is necessary, I would look at ASUS and MSI products, as you're basically guaranteed it works and they both have good customer service, so RMA-ing should not be too difficult should the product not work as intended.

the thing is i am not excellent with technical stuff so just not want to get into pc building

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3bkCN
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3bkCN/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 93.3 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: PNY XLR8 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($469.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital WD Green 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($83.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.80 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($114.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2738.70
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-17 04:47 EDT-0400)

A little over budget but i did that in order to fit the 1tb ssd. If you have more questions or you need more help pm me but now i have to go to university. 

the thing is i am not excellent with technical stuff so just not want to get into pc building

Do you have a relative or a close friend who you are confident is good with these things (not just someone who claims such and is terrible in practice, never let that person try build anything for you.)

For the performance given from a $2700 laptop I would assume you could get from a $1800 desktop or you could spend the same $2700 on a kick ass desktop, so it may be a good thing to look into.

Do not be afraid of building your own computer and end up paying way too much for less performance just because you weren't willing to give it a try. If you live near a pc store that isn't a chain-owned one, you may be able to work out a deal where you pay them to build it.

I only say this because you could be potentially spending over a thousand dollars for the same performance or possibly less, which is never a good thing.

Do you have a relative or a close friend who you are confident is good with these things (not just someone who claims such and is terrible in practice, never let that person try build anything for you.)

For the performance given from a $2700 laptop I would assume you could get from a $1800 desktop or you could spend the same $2700 on a kick ass desktop, so it may be a good thing to look into.

Do not be afraid of building your own computer and end up paying way too much for less performance just because you weren't willing to give it a try. If you live near a pc store that isn't a chain-owned one, you may be able to work out a deal where you pay them to build it.

I only say this because you could be potentially spending over a thousand dollars for the same performance or possibly less, which is never a good thing.

I think i can ask my brother he is good with this kind of stuff thank you.

For the performance given from a $2700 laptop I would assume you could get from a $1800 desktop

What? Are you drunk? Any 1000$ pc will beat a 2700$ laptop. 

What? Are you drunk? Any 1000$ pc will beat a 2700$ laptop. 

Not in Australia and laundry-list of other countries, bud.