GA-A320M-S2H compatible with ryzen 5 3600?

Go to solution Solved by Juanmacaam,
30 minutes ago, Wowzeree said:

Well I already have the mobo updated to the latest bios so it should work I think 🤷‍♂️

Oh sorry I misread, I thought you were buying a new mobo! Then yes, it will support it if you have the latest BIOS revision.

I am looking for a cpu upgrade from a ryzen 3 2300x but idk if the cpu I want, Ryzen 5 3600, is compatible with my gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H motherboard. Thank you!

You should look for the sticker in the box, since this boards were launched before Ryzen 3xxx existed, they were launched with BIOS that did not support them. New runs have included the new BIOS but if you're buying online you take the risk of it being and old board. If your question is "will this mobo work with this CPU?" the answer is yes, it will, but if you want to know if it will do it out of the box the answer is probably yes, but there's some risk involved. If you have bad luck and the mobo that you buy comes with an old BIOS what you need to do is go to the store you bought it from and ask if they could help you update it (because you need a Ryzen 2xxx CPU to even boot) or you can get someone you know to borrow you their CPU to upgrade the BIOS. Anyway, at this point I really do not belive that mobos still come with old BIOS but idk.

Good luck!

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-cpu

Check which revision board you have, but I think all of them should support it.  Be sure to update the BIOS before removing your old CPU.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

13 minutes ago, Juanmacaam said:

You should look for the sticker in the box, since this boards were launched before Ryzen 3xxx existed, they were launched with BIOS that did not support them. New runs have included the new BIOS but if you're buying online you take the risk of it being and old board. If your question is "will this mobo work with this CPU?" the answer is yes, it will, but if you want to know if it will do it out of the box the answer is probably yes, but there's some risk involved. If you have bad luck and the mobo that you buy comes with an old BIOS what you need to do is go to the store you bought it from and ask if they could help you update it (because you need a Ryzen 2xxx CPU to even boot) or you can get someone you know to borrow you their CPU to upgrade the BIOS. Anyway, at this point I really do not belive that mobos still come with old BIOS but idk.

Good luck!

Well I already have the mobo updated to the latest bios so it should work I think 🤷‍♂️

30 minutes ago, Wowzeree said:

Oh sorry I misread, I thought you were buying a new mobo! Then yes, it will support it if you have the latest BIOS revision.

46 minutes ago, Juanmacaam said:

Alright thank you!