HELP WITH DELL WARRANTY

i am currently in the process of purchasing a dell xps 15 from the united states. but i will be shifting back to india in a month or so. i want to know how can i transfer my warranty to india.

i am also purchasing the 8gb ram 256gb storage option in the united states, but in india the variant offered is the 16gb ram 512gb storage, so i would like to know if they will still cover my warranty or not. 

if anyone has any details on how to transfer warranty to another country please let me know, i will be making my purchase before christmas, so i need this information.

thank you to all that respond.

7 minutes ago, Varun Kumar said:

i am currently in the process of purchasing a dell xps 15 from the united states. but i will be shifting back to india in a month or so. i want to know how can i transfer my warranty to india.

I don't think it's possible or if there's a protocal in place because usually practices like this are illegal and are considered smuggling

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

In the recent secret shopper, Dell proved to be unreliable. 

No matter who you buy from, that's probably something you have to ask before purchase. 

Why buy a computer then mail it to India? Lots of computers are made just north of you. 

6 minutes ago, wall03 said:

I don't think it's possible or if there's a protocal in place because usually practices like this are illegal and are considered smuggling

how is it smuggling if im taking my laptop with me ??

5 minutes ago, fpo said:

In the recent secret shopper, Dell proved to be unreliable. 

No matter who you buy from, that's probably something you have to ask before purchase. 

Why buy a computer then mail it to India? Lots of computers are made just north of you. 

oooh 😂😂😂 the taxes in India are too high, the same laptop costs almost double because dell imports it directly from wherever they make it 

2 minutes ago, Varun Kumar said:

people buy laptops and sell them in india for cheaper because of the higher prices

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

1 minute ago, Varun Kumar said:

oooh 😂😂😂 the taxes in India are too high, the same laptop costs almost double because dell imports it directly from wherever they make it 

Is there another company in India that's maybe less taxed? 

Most computers I know of are manufactured in china so it makes sense to have heavy taxes on imports from there

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

Best way to find out things is to contact Dell directly. If you are buying directly from Dell, they might allow international warranty (= dealing with local office). If you are buying from store, you probably have to work through that store. But best way to find out is to try ask Dell directly.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, Varun Kumar said:

so i need this information.

Generally where you buy the product is where the warranty is valid. Some companies might offer an international warranty, on select products. Call Dell and ask their policy. 

12 hours ago, Varun Kumar said:

Not sure how it works in India, but generally customs might ask about purchases made in the other country. If they see a brand new laptop they might get suspicious, and they would have a legal right to take it if they feel its entering the country illegal I would suppose. Best rule in life is not to fuck with the tax man, because the tax man always wins. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.