Third Monitor stopped working

tract9on
Go to solution Solved by tract9on,

Unfortunately not. I've just tried using a DVI to hdmi to the TV and it still doesn't seem to be able to detect it. The same cable worked fine on my normal monitor ;l.  

The TV does detect the fact it's been plugged into a HDMI source but isn't getting a signal. 

Edit: Is there any way of forcing the graphics card to put signal through on a certain resolution? 

Edit 2: I just checked by connecting my tablet via HDMI - the TV works fine and the tablet detected the TV.

Resolution: I powered down the PC, disconnected the graphics card and left it overnight. When I plugged it back in, it worked and detected the third monitor.

Hey,

I've had an issue where my third monitor (Samsung TV), connected via HDMI has stopped being detected by my computer randomly. 
I.e. it doesn't show in the list of monitors in nvidia control panel. It was fine yesterday although it is possible my computer did some updates when it last turned off.
My two other monitors connected via DVI are fine.

My graphics card is a GTX 770 & I'm running Windows 8.1 pro. 

What I've tried:
1) Different port in the TV
2) Different HDMI cable
3) Updated graphics drivers
4) Performed a clean bootup
5) Uninstalled and clean re-installed the graphics drivers.
6) Rolled back my PC a few weeks

Both cables do appear to spark a little when I go to plug it in to the TV. 

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black 

Have you attempted hooking anything else up like a DVD player or something to see if it works yet?

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Thanks for the reply.

I've not got any other HDMI devices that I can use to test it with but the TV does work on component with my 360

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black 

Does the tv have other connection options like VGA or dvi you could use with your gpu?

Unfortunately not. I've just tried using a DVI to hdmi to the TV and it still doesn't seem to be able to detect it. The same cable worked fine on my normal monitor ;l.  

The TV does detect the fact it's been plugged into a HDMI source but isn't getting a signal. 

Edit: Is there any way of forcing the graphics card to put signal through on a certain resolution? 

Edit 2: I just checked by connecting my tablet via HDMI - the TV works fine and the tablet detected the TV.

Resolution: I powered down the PC, disconnected the graphics card and left it overnight. When I plugged it back in, it worked and detected the third monitor.

Edited by tract9on