Grandtheft auto in call of duty need to be more blind accessible

SpeezyWonder

Or Grandtheft auto and actually enjoy the experience.So I’m back again with another accessibility discussion and I want to focus more on these two particular titles. I’m still learning how to work this website on my phone so I haven’t been able to respond to anybody in my other post but I did read all the comments and some of it was informative and others not so much. I think some people didn’t quite understand what I was saying previously, and yes I’m aware the industry has been trying to be more open to gamers with disabilities but I don’t think a lot of people understand that there are different types of blindness and my particular type of blind is completely blind. That means that the functionality for some users might be enough for them but in my particular case I can’t even sit down and play call of dutyOr Grandtheft auto and actually enjoy the experience. One user mention that since the blind community makes up such a small percentage of any user base that the incentive to accommodate us really isn’t financially intriguing. That makes sense but that’s one of the walls I want to break down because if you invest in that small user base and make them feel like they can be a part of the community then theyll be more likely to spend more money in the future which can add to the bottom line. Yes I know there are options out there and other communities but it needs to be more aggressive, the conversation needs to be more open because I personally believe there are simple solutions to helping gamers fully enjoy the experience of playing a video game blind with a few settings that could improve how a blind person navigates through gameplay. A few of the ideas I’ve been pondering are a voiceover style feature that lets the gameR know which direction they’re facing. Along with this there could also be a measurement meter voiceover letting the player know how far They are from a particular object or part of the environment such as a wall, car or even a warning letting the player know that they might be approaching something dangerous. Optionally there could be a feature that allows the gamer to cycle through which alerts they need for a particular time so maybe I don’t need to know how close I am to an object in the environment I just need to know how far away I am from A weapon or opponent. There can also be another voice over feature letting a player know if they are moving in a straight line or veering off, maybe I’m trying to drive a car in Grandtheft auto so this feature could help blind players drive more accurately or even give the players hints as to when they need to turn, Cut through lanes or stop. This might sound like a lot but if done right for a title in Grandtheft auto or even call of duty IT could make gameplay possible and create a more accurate experience. The features I’m talking about are more suitable for a completely blind are really low vision gamers and going back to one of my earlier points about people commenting, there are a variety of blindness and some people who are blind don’t need that much accessibility help as others so I’m speaking personally for the completely blind. I’ve called rockstar and left messages before and I’ve tried to reach out to developers to work out my ideas more thoroughly but I haven’t been able to come in to contact with anybody. I think there are some really simple solutions to these problems but I need to collaborate with people who have more insight and understanding of the technical Aspects of implementing these features. That’s all I have for now and as soon as I figure out how to reply to comments I’ll talk to everybody on a person by person basis on here. Thanks to everybody that spoke to me in my previous post and to all of those who may respond to this post in the future. There were some really great information given to me last time and this is a step forward and trying to figure out this problem. 

What? 

Also, rockstar and activision don't read these forums. 

You should prolly send them emails or open support tickets. 

Seeing more auditory features in games is always a plus, but I think there's more room for innovation than just having a voice that tells you where things are. Microsoft was working a few years back on what they call a "canetroller", a VR controller that functions similar to a cane allowing blind users to navigate VR environments nonvisually. I"m not sure if anything ever came of that but it's a step in the right direction. Humans have more senses than just hearing and sight, and we need to start utilising them in games to create more accessible and immersive experiences.