One Fan in My Zotac 1080 mini Won't Stop Spinning at Max Speed

Hello LTT Forum members! I have come in search of answers. After owning this card for over 2 years, my zotac 1080 mini has decided today of all days to start having issues. While the card itself performs fine, one of the two fans has started to spin at max speed without cause, even at idle. The other fan spins at normal speeds and reacts to After Burner just fine. The fan at max speed seems to react as well but will not spin bellow about 75-80% speed even when adjusting it in AB. I have tried installing older NVidia drivers and the problem still persists. However when no drivers are installed the fans behave normally. I have also tried using display driver uninstaller to attempt a fresh install of the latest Nvidia drivers and I have updated my bios, tried physically removing and reinserting the card and have inspected it to ensure there are no loose connections. This issue occurs upon booting into windows and persists the entire time the PC is in use. Any advice would be much appreciated. I just want to play Cyberpunk without my desktop sounding like jet engine.

• 2 months later...

I have this same issue and I cannot fix it either. I will let you know if I figure anything out. Zotac was useless.

A single fan spinning at a different rate than the other fans usually means something on the fan has gone out. The way pwm fans work is there is a 4th yellow wire speed sensor.  If that part goes out for whatever reason a fan will spin at full speed.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.