Artifacting on Xbox Series X

Rlmva

has anyone else found that when loading into gta 5, there is major artifacting on the screen when the cop lights are flashing and the rockstar logo is showing? or do I have a defective xbox?

13 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Is it just on GTA? Also, a photo (or screenshot, if possible) would help.

Yep, just on GTA, but since games are so big on the series x I've only been able to play rainbow six siege and GTA so far, and rainbow ran fine. Ill send a screenshot once it uploads.

Just now, Rlmva said:

Yep, just on GTA, but since games are so big on the series x I've only been able to play rainbow six siege and GTA so far, and rainbow ran fine. Ill send a screenshot once it uploads.

I should also mention that GTA ran fine also once it got past this scene. This screenshot doesn't show the worst of it, but you can see those rectangles around the Rockstar logo that aren't supposed to be there

7373c47c-2063-4020-be8e-3547c2c8f5c2.jpg

28 minutes ago, Rlmva said:

I should also mention that GTA ran fine also once it got past this scene. This screenshot doesn't show the worst of it, but you can see those rectangles around the Rockstar logo that aren't supposed to be there

7373c47c-2063-4020-be8e-3547c2c8f5c2.jpg

There was a fairly recent GTA update they did centered around hacking or some shit. Seems like Rockstar might've changed the intro FMV for that event, as there isn't any artifacting in the actual Rockstar logo.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, handymanshandle said:

There was a fairly recent GTA update they did centered around hacking or some shit. Seems like Rockstar might've changed the intro FMV for that event, as there isn't any artifacting in the actual Rockstar logo.

I just tried ark, and this doesn’t look too good. The wave pattern in the top right is only there when I’m swimming, and disappears when I’m above water.

ED96FA67-A734-4362-BD9E-0DC6D4B1D60A.png

1 minute ago, Rlmva said:

I just tried ark, and this doesn’t look too good. The wave pattern in the top right is only there when I’m swimming, and disappears when I’m above water.

ED96FA67-A734-4362-BD9E-0DC6D4B1D60A.png

Hmm, that's weird. See if there's other games that have reproducible artifacting like that which aren't Ark or GTA. If there is, then you have a defective unit.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

gpu dying it looks like 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 1 month later...

Hey there.

I’ve noticed the same GTA loading screen issue on my new Series X. Haven’t found any explanation for that yet. Weird, but it is the only title with any kind of artifacting.

I also downloaded Ark to see if the pattern is there, and there is one under water. But if you look on reviews of this game on YouTube, you’ll see it also.

I personally don’t think the GPU is faulty. It wouldn’t work well in other titles and I tested many games already.

Still I’m interested if someone here found out more about that problem.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:37 PM, zeDD779 said:

Hey there.

I’ve noticed the same GTA loading screen issue on my new Series X. Haven’t found any explanation for that yet. Weird, but it is the only title with any kind of artifacting.

I also downloaded Ark to see if the pattern is there, and there is one under water. But if you look on reviews of this game on YouTube, you’ll see it also.

I personally don’t think the GPU is faulty. It wouldn’t work well in other titles and I tested many games already.

Still I’m interested if someone here found out more about that problem.

I actually asked rockstar about the issues in GTA, and they say its intentional. Odd, considering its not optimized for the Series X, and I never saw it on the Xbox One. I also contacted Wild Card for Ark, but they never responded.