Kingston KC600 vs Samsung 860 EVO

darex69

So I wanted to buy Kingston KC600 256GB for around 45$, but I found Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for around 70$. I have 1TB HDD already so this will be for windows and some games.

Is the Samsung SSD worth it? 

I think they are the same TLC technology, warranty, and performance. I wouldn't get less than 500GB. Games are getting huge.

12 minutes ago, darex69 said:

So I wanted to buy Kingston KC600 256GB for around 45$, but I found Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for around 70$. I have 1TB HDD already so this will be for windows and some games.

Is the Samsung SSD worth it? 

typically Samsung has better reliabilty, slightly better iop performance and brand. other wise not mush diff.

36 minutes ago, Mling said:

I think they are the same TLC technology, warranty, and performance. I wouldn't get less than 500GB. Games are getting huge.

37 minutes ago, pommedeterror007 said:

typically Samsung has better reliabilty, slightly better iop performance and brand. other wise not mush diff.

Yeah, I'm getting the Samsung one, I probably wont upgrade for a few years so this should be enough.

15 minutes ago, tobeornottobealttfan said:

Might I say that you take a look at crucial SSDs?

The only crucial SSD is MX500 1TB and its 150$. Everything is overpriced in my country unfortunately.

2 hours ago, darex69 said:

The only crucial SSD is MX500 1TB and its 150$. Everything is overpriced in my country unfortunately.

That's sad. Still Samsung is one of the best if not the best SSD manufacturer. You won't regret getting them.

21 hours ago, NewMaxx said:

The KC600 is an excellent SATA SSD.

I got the Samsung one today, now I just have to wait for my ram.