Destiny 2 system resource issues (fall/winter 2020)

Anovva

So I have been playing Destiny 2 on pc for probably about 7 months now (finally switched over from console), and my system ram usage is only around 2.1 gb out of the 16 gb in my pc (just regular ram not vram). Anyone know if I can increase ram allocation for the game in steam in any way, or any other fixes to this issue? I feel like getting the game use more system ram would help alot, as my cpu and gpu are only getting utilized about 50% because of this.

My current setup is a Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4ghz all core oc, 16 gb g skill ripjaws V 3600 mhz cl 16, radeon rx 5700 xt, a WD Blue 500 gb nvme ssd (which the game is installed on), and a 1 tb toshiba hard drive. 

The game runs pretty well most of the time but when I go to certain places like the tower, titan, or parts of tangled shore I can only get about 70 fps compared to the 130+ that I get everywhere else most of the time while playing on high settings. 

Any info for help would be great, thanks!

4 hours ago, Anovva said:

So I have been playing Destiny 2 on pc for probably about 7 months now (finally switched over from console), and my system ram usage is only around 2.1 gb out of the 16 gb in my pc (just regular ram not vram). Anyone know if I can increase ram allocation for the game in steam in any way, or any other fixes to this issue? I feel like getting the game use more system ram would help alot, as my cpu and gpu are only getting utilized about 50% because of this.

My current setup is a Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4ghz all core oc, 16 gb g skill ripjaws V 3600 mhz cl 16, radeon rx 5700 xt, a WD Blue 500 gb nvme ssd (which the game is installed on), and a 1 tb toshiba hard drive. 

The game runs pretty well most of the time but when I go to certain places like the tower, titan, or parts of tangled shore I can only get about 70 fps compared to the 130+ that I get everywhere else most of the time while playing on high settings. 

Any info for help would be great, thanks!

Isn't it somewhat inevitable your fps will fluctuate depending on where you are, what you are doing etc...?

I play D2 quite a bit and frames will drop when you are involved in lots of action in a very detailed environment, with other players interacting, and multiple enemy types...though, I concede, going from 130 to 70 might be a big drop.

That said, I'm playing Metro Exodus at the moment, and when I'm wandering about on my own, in the open, I can get 125-130 fps with high pre-set at 1440p.

However, if I'm in a detailed interior or a base, and there are multiple NPCs, and visual effects going off, and lighting changes etc...my fps can drop into the 80s and 90s.

It doesn't affect the experience at all, and isn't really noticeable, but it happens. 

I'm only using an i5 10400f, a 2060, with 16gb RAM - so not a top end rig by any means. 

Are you playing at 1080, 1440, or 4k?

I am playing at 1080p high preset, motion blur off, but the issue for me is that my hardware utilization in those areas is very low (like 25-35% on both my cpu and gpu, while only using 2-2.5gb of ram throughout my time playing the game. So in areas (like the tower) that need more resources because of more characters, closer textures, etc, it is not using the rest of the hardware that it should have access too. I feel like the game should have a lot more frames for the hardware that I am running so to me its confusing as to why I am having any issues. I have Radeon Chill turned on for Destiny 2 as well, allowing the game to sit anywhere between 120-144 fps during gameplay so that I don't need to load more frames than required since my monitor is 144hz refresh rate.