How common is Fibre-Optik in your Country?

-iSynthesis

So, i live in Germany. Although Germany is one of the financial strongest countrys in Europe, they aren`t able to build Fibre-optik anywhere. This is a graph showing the commonnes of Fibre-Optik in Europe: http://img.welt.de/img/webwelt/crop109920554/739872541-ci3x2l-w620/DWO-Volkswirtschaften3.jpg . As you can see, Germany isnt even in the top 22, even Countrys like Romania have a better digital Structure. How is it looking where you live?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

we have it, but its very expensive, and cable can deliver the same download speeds as fibre

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

fibre is pretty common here in The Netherlands and its really fast and cheap, it's almost the same price as adsl

fibre is pretty common here in The Netherlands and its really fast and cheap, it's almost the same price as adsl

you must live in another place than me, 

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I think you don't realise what is at work at here. Countries with previously bad copper links either had to replace them or lay entirely new cables to places that weren't connected before. Germany's infrastructure is pretty good, so it doesn't need replacing very soon, and all towns had a copper connection already. When it's due to be replaced, you will get fibre, not before. Also, it's a big country, so it takes a long time to replace the copper with fibre. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I think you don't realise what is at work at here. Countries with previously bad copper links either had to replace them or lay entirely new cables to places that weren't connected before. Germany's infrastructure is pretty good, so it doesn't need replacing very soon, and all towns had a copper connection already. When it's due to be replaced, you will get fibre, not before. Also, it's a big country, so it takes a long time to replace the copper with fibre. 

Average speed is 6.9MB/s here, thats the speed of people activly using it (f.e. Business). Many of my friends are stuck at 2mb/s because they live in small towns that are just barely outside big city`s but our country just isnt willing to upgrade. Im living in Munich, its quite a bit city and im stuck with 16mb/s. Now that may seem like rather much but upload is horific because isp`s set upload 1:16 download. Also our country is lieing since they stated "98.66%" of the inhabitans have acces to fibre-optik while about 1-5% actually have

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I already have fibre.It's very common here.We're like the 3rd country in terms of internet speed :D

Oh,and I can get gigabit for $18!

Average internet speed here of around 60Mbs!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I already have fibre.It's very common here.We're like the 3rd country in terms of internet speed :D

Oh,and I can get gigabit for $18!

Average internet speed here of around 60Mbs!

And if theres 100mbit/s its 45€ per month... No gigabit anywhere here...

Average speed is 6.9MB/s here, thats the speed of people activly using it (f.e. Business). Many of my friends are stuck at 2mb/s because they live in small towns that are just barely outside big city`s but our country just isnt willing to upgrade. Im living in Munich, its quite a bit city and im stuck with 16mb/s. Now that may seem like rather much but upload is horific because isp`s set upload 1:16 download. Also our country is lieing since they stated "98.66%" of the inhabitans have acces to fibre-optik while about 1-5% actually have

Oh,it must be painful.There was 2Mbs here like...10 years ago or something.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

And if theres 100mbit/s its 45€ per month... No gigabit anywhere here...

I pay $20 for 100mbs,with digital TV and phone.

That's around 15 EUR.

We have some great things in Romania,but the shitty ones put the good ones in their shadow.

Not sure how common it is but they buried some fibre lines out past my house here in banjo country. So i guess it might be fairly common.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Not sure how common it is but they buried some fibre lines out past my house here in banjo country. So i guess it might be fairly common.

I thought of studieing in sweden... Because of internet speeds, they are very far up there and for cheap aswell...

We have had a large improvement in the internet speed once they have set fiber around the UK (at least in the area I live in). Now I'm able to pay £42 for Internet of 76 Mb/s down and 20 Mb/s up with absolutely no throttling or restrictions + the home phone (This is on BT Infinity 2). It's a whole new level compared to my old 2 Mb/s down and 0.5 Mb/s up back before we had fiber.

I thought of studieing in sweden... Because of internet speeds, they are very far up there and for cheap aswell...

Depends on where you go though. The maximum plan i can get here is 24/15 (up/down. Advertised. It's much lower irl)

In cities you can get 100/100 plans but they cost a fair bit of money... And we still don't have gigabit fiber  -_-  

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

So, i live in Germany. Although Germany is one of the financial strongest countrys in Europe, they aren`t able to build Fibre-optik anywhere. This is a graph showing the commonnes of Fibre-Optik in Europe: http://img.welt.de/img/webwelt/crop109920554/739872541-ci3x2l-w620/DWO-Volkswirtschaften3.jpg . As you can see, Germany isnt even in the top 22, even Countrys like Romania have a better digital Structure. How is it looking where you live?

Ich lebe in Slowenien und fibre optik ist sehr häufig in grosse Städte und auch in kleine :) Entschuldigen sie mich für mein schlechtes Deutsch.

Depends on where you go though. The maximum plan i can get here is 24/15 (up/down. Advertised. It's much lower irl)

In cities you can get 100/100 plans but they cost a fair bit of money... And we still don't have gigabit fiber  -_-  

Isnt 120/100 35€ a month? thats what i heard from my aunt...

Ich lebe in Slowenien und fibre optik ist sehr häufig in grosse Städte und auch in kleine :) Entschuldigen sie mich für mein schlechtes Deutsch.

Für einen Slowenier kannst du aber gut Detusch^^

Für einen Slowenier kannst du aber gut Detusch^^

Ich lerne es in der Schule.

Isnt 120/100 35€ a month? thats what i heard from my aunt...

We had tv through our 100/100 in trollhättan so it went for around 90 euros (around 900kr.) 

Not sure how much it'd cost with just internet though

As far as I know, you can get fiber pretty much anywhere here. It's reasonably priced too.

Newer areas have fiber optic, older areas have DSL abominations like VDSL2/ADSL/whatever.

We have had a large improvement in the internet speed once they have set fiber around the UK (at least in the area I live in). Now I'm able to pay £42 for Internet of 76 Mb/s down and 20 Mb/s up with absolutely no throttling or restrictions + the home phone (This is on BT Infinity 2). It's a whole new level compared to my old 2 Mb/s down and 0.5 Mb/s up back before we had fiber.

It's a shame it's still such a high price compared to other fiber capable countries.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

It's a shame it's still such a high price compared to other fiber capable countries.

Well at least we are able to get it here for not too bad of a price... Some countries can't even get it at all or have to pay double if not triple this. It sure is quite a lot as it is but for my family it's a necessity since there is nearly always 4 people using the internet at the same time and usually doing intensive things like Twitch streaming, gaming, YouTube, general browsing, etc.

I live in Zurich. (best city ever).

From Swisscom you can get 1Gb/s down 100Mb/s up fibre  for 100 CHF a month (the exchange CHF to USD is give or take 1) in certain areas.

UPC Cablecom is offering 250Mb/s down 15Mb/s up fibre for Fr.89 CHF a month also in certain areas.

The city council has invested in a massive fibre network, that is symmetrical (the down speeds are the same as the up speeds). The network is relatively new and only supported by small ISPs, GGA Maur's most expensive plan is for a whopping 330 Chf a month but you get 300 Mb/s down 300 Mb/s up.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"