2 x Mo-Ra 3 - does it make any sense

I  am thinking about adding another Mo-Ra 3 to my system - my idea is to position the mora s horizontal and between the two mora s 9 fans like this

----------------------------- mora 2

air gap of 2 cm

--------- --------- --------- 9 fans

----------------------------- mora 1

what do you think? would i be able to run a oc-system with one cpu and one gpu most of the time passivly (maybe a 2nd gpu will be added in future)? And would i need a 2nd pump for that (i have a ek d5)?

that would be a beastly setup. I think one of them with low rpm fans would be enough, depending on your setup ofc.

why the 2 cm gap in between? You could try to build a completeley sealed sandwich of mora/fans/mora, so that you can power the fans at low RPMs but still not loose too much static pressure. That setup would be very quiet and very OP. :D

who cares...

You wouldn't need a second pump and a second rad would not effect your temps by much, in fact it could negatively effect your temps. Don't do it.

I gpu mine with a 7970 OC and a 3570k and VRM water-cooled and the MO-RA3 keeps it almost passive. It could probably run passive by I use 3 120mm fans on the run all running at their lowest RPM so they are inaudible anyway, so there would be no point.

The water in/out delta T is between 2C and 4C and that with only 3 fans running at their lowest RPM.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Ghost, which version of the Mo.Ra 3 do you have? Have you found it more restrictive than a standard rad like a quad 120 or 140 or example due to the nature of flow in it?

Well considering it's much bigger than any rad I've ever used I really can't compare restrictiveness. I have the 360 LT. The pro is exactly the same and just has the ability to mount fans on both sides which is unnecessary and the LT can be upgraded to the Pro. I didn't go with the 140 because this rad is big enough as it is. No need for 140. It could comfortably cool any system if it has all its fans in, and I mean any system.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Ya, I have been trying to get numbers but no one seems to have them. I have the opportunity to get a Mo.Ra 140.9 for a new build (along with other blocks and rads) and will likely do an MCP35x2 to be sure.

I've got a perfectly fine flow rate with my D5 vario. At setting 3 it sits around 3000RPM-3100RPM, if you want relative restriction numbers. I have 3 blocks in the loop.

2 Mo-RA3s? What are you cooling? A nuclear reactor??? :o :o :o

5960x-4.4|AsusRE5|16g DDR4-2133|ZOTAC GTX 1080 FE-EK Block|2Smsng 850 EVO 500gb ssds Raid0|2Tb WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 1200W|Thrmltake X9|Custom H20 cooling|Dell U3415W

4790k-4.7|AsusMxVIIH|16g DDR3-2400|EVGA GTX980TI SC-EK Block|Cru M500-240g ssd:500g WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 950W|HAF932Adv|Custom H20 cooling|BenQ BL3200PT

Do you happen to have flow rate numbers for your loop by any chance? That would help but your post is assuring with the D5.

No flow meter, sorry.

18 fan slots of radiators - yeah I think your going to need a second pump. That is a lot of cooling potential!

Radiators are pretty restrictive in the grand scheme of things, having more of that restriction adds a lot more distance of restriction. Its not uncommon for those with 3 radiators to be on the verge of needing additional pumps to keep up the flow rate and we are talking the equivalent of 6 x 360mm radiators which would definitely require 2 pumps. So unless the Mora is the singularly least restrictive radiator of all time by some margin then its going to require more pump power than most setups. That is my justification, because without the pressure curves and any data I just assume that the mora is like any other radiator in terms of pressure curve.

Radiators are pretty restrictive in the grand scheme of things, having more of that restriction adds a lot more distance of restriction. Its not uncommon for those with 3 radiators to be on the verge of needing additional pumps to keep up the flow rate.

Actually, blocks are the most restrictive parts of a loop. Radiators are essentially winding tubing, not very restrictive, people with 3 rads do not need more than one pump.

Radiators are pretty restrictive in the grand scheme of things, having more of that restriction adds a lot more distance of restriction. Its not uncommon for those with 3 radiators to be on the verge of needing additional pumps to keep up the flow rate and we are talking the equivalent of 6 x 360mm radiators which would definitely require 2 pumps. So unless the Mora is the singularly least restrictive radiator of all time by some margin then its going to require more pump power than most setups. That is my justification, because without the pressure curves and any data I just assume that the mora is like any other radiator in terms of pressure curve.

If the Mo.Ra is the same as any other radiator, I would not even buy a second pump. But I do not know how the flow channels are in the Mo.Ra and what diameter tubing has been used inside, hence why I will likely go 2 pumps with something like this if you have a lot of blocks/other rads in the loop. My current build has 4 QDCs, 5 blocks, 2 480 rads, a mechanical flow meter and my single PWM DDC can chug along 1 GPM at 50% PWM signal.

As ghost has pointed out, a D5 is more than sufficient for cooling multiples of rads including Mo.Ra's. The only reason to have multiple pumps is for redundancy, which is all I have mine for. As for flow rate, my aquaero flow rate read out did not indicate much difference in terms of flow yield. As for head pressure some claim it to be better, personally I have not seen much difference and or have any way of telling.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT